Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1345 Discussions

GL553VD-DM1006T Install Intel Optane ** Not Boot**

NKamk
Beginner

I Install Intel Optane Memory 32GB to ASUS GL553VD-DM1006T. Have Ploblem I can't Boot to Windows. Hold the screen ASUS Logo. Can't boot to windows. Can't Setup BIOS

help Me Please

Thank you

Narong

0 Kudos
1 Solution
DiegoV_Intel

Hi NKamk,

I was reading this thread and it looks like your laptop model doesn’t support the Intel® Optane™ Memory. In fact, I also found this other thread where another user had the same laptop as you (ROG GL553VD), but he couldn’t setup the Intel® Optane™ Memory because it was not compatible with the module: https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P0000490XhkSAE/unsupport-bios

Anyhow, when it comes to laptop configurations, we always recommend to contact the laptop manufacturer, ASUS* in this case, to confirm if the Intel® Optane™ Memory is indeed supported, and if so, to get better assistance to configure the system for it. Laptops usually come with special features and configurations that we are not aware of, so it’s better to contact the manufacturer before doing any system change.

I hope you find this information useful.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JosafathB_Intel
Hello NKamk, Thank you for contacting Intel® Memory & Storage Support. As we understand you need assistance with your Intel® Optane™ Memory, if we inferred correctly please provide us with the following information: • We will like to know if you checked with your original equipment manufacturer (OEM) Asus* that your PC is compatible with Optane. • We will like to know if you tried to remove the Optane memory from the M.2 port to check if your PC is able to boot without this hardware installed. • We advise you to open a ticket with your original equipment manufacturer (OEM) in parallel to this case in order to discard any hardware limitation. We will be looking forward to your reply. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
Hello NKamk, Thank you for contacting Intel® Memory & Storage Support. This is just a friendly reminder that your case remains open. Should you need our technical assistance please do not hesitate to contact us back. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
NKamk
Beginner

Sorry ??​ I'm trying upgrade agian. But it same problem . Hold the screen Asus Logo. I replace Bios cmos in motherboard and install again. And have problem Hold the screen Asus Logo. I can't upgrade optane memory. I chang to SSD M.2

Thank you

0 Kudos
DiegoV_Intel

Hi NKamk,

I was reading this thread and it looks like your laptop model doesn’t support the Intel® Optane™ Memory. In fact, I also found this other thread where another user had the same laptop as you (ROG GL553VD), but he couldn’t setup the Intel® Optane™ Memory because it was not compatible with the module: https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P0000490XhkSAE/unsupport-bios

Anyhow, when it comes to laptop configurations, we always recommend to contact the laptop manufacturer, ASUS* in this case, to confirm if the Intel® Optane™ Memory is indeed supported, and if so, to get better assistance to configure the system for it. Laptops usually come with special features and configurations that we are not aware of, so it’s better to contact the manufacturer before doing any system change.

I hope you find this information useful.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos