Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here

Hdds not regonized

Raylands
Beginner

Only my SSD gets recognized, not my HDDs.

I heared something that a Raid can't be boosted, but the normal HDD should be recognized...

Image 1.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
DiegoV_Intel

Hi Raylands,

I just want to let you know that the latest RST driver has been uploaded. You can find it in the following site: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/99745/Intel-Optane-Memory

Regards,

Diego V.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DiegoV_Intel
Hi Raylands, Thank you for posting in the Intel® communities. Could you please confirm which version of the RST driver you are using? This information should be available in the Info tab in the Intel® Optane™ application. Just click in that tab and take a new screenshot from the application. I’ll be waiting for your response. Have a nice day. Regards, Diego V. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Raylands
Beginner

Sure, here you go.

Image 1.png

Also, interesting is that the programme says that the optane memory is not active, even though in the first tab it says that is is active...

Image 2.png

0 Kudos
DiegoV_Intel

Hi Raylands,

Thank you for the information.

I just wanted to confirm which RST driver version you are using, which is the 15.9 version.

This RST driver is not the latest one, however the latest one (16.x) is currently down for maintenance to enable installer changes.  

We hope to have the updated driver available soon, nevertheless the one currently available is the 15.9 version, but this one is not the latest one and it doesn’t include all the features that the latest driver has, like the secondary drive acceleration feature, or the message in the Statistic tab.

That’s the reason why you can only accelerate the primary drive even though you have a valid SATA drive as a secondary unit.

My recommendation would be to wait until the latest driver version is available again for download. In the meantime, you can keep using your system without the module, or with the primary drive paired with the module, and once the latest driver is available, you can set the module up correctly with the latest driver.

I hope this clarifies your concern. If you have any doubts, please feel free to ask.

Please keep checking the following site since the driver will be uploaded there: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/99745/Intel-Optane-Memory

Please also keep in mind that before installing the latest driver, you have to disable the module first from the application, then uninstall the current drive and finally install the latest one so that you can enable the module again from the application.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.

0 Kudos
DiegoV_Intel

Hi Raylands,

I just want to let you know that the latest RST driver has been uploaded. You can find it in the following site: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/99745/Intel-Optane-Memory

Regards,

Diego V.

0 Kudos
Raylands
Beginner

Thanks Diego. It's now working.

0 Kudos
DiegoV_Intel

Hi Raylands,

Thank you for the confirmation.