Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1345 Discussions

Hi all I Bought a 32 g Optane memory, and it says it can't work with my 1tb samsung 970 NVME drive. My Asus Maximus x motherboard wanted an NVME drive to be a boot drive, if I wanted to use an M.2 slot. What kind of M.2 SSD can I use with optane?Rich

RMull5
Beginner

1 Solution
DSedl1
Beginner

Currently Optane only is compatible with Sata drives, I researched the same question and first of all there would be little to no improvement with your M2 if it even could and second it only is compatible with sata drives.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DSedl1
Beginner

Currently Optane only is compatible with Sata drives, I researched the same question and first of all there would be little to no improvement with your M2 if it even could and second it only is compatible with sata drives.

0 Kudos
DSedl1
Beginner

Although. A possibility to research is if your MB could be updated to allow the Optane to be used for a sata second/data drive which some newer boards allow.

0 Kudos
RMull5
Beginner

Thank you. I read every page I could find on Optane, and at no point do they manage to mention this basic detail. I didn't expect huge gains, just thought I'd have another 32g of high speed storage/ buffering.

DiegoV_Intel
Hi RMull5, Thank you for posting in the Intel® communities. As mentioned by DSedl1, the Intel® Optane™ Memory can only accelerate SATA drives. NVMe* drives are not supported. Please check the following article where this information is detailed: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000023994/memory-and-storage/intel-optane-memory.html I hope this clarifies your concern. If you have any other doubt, feel free to ask. Have a nice day. Regards, Diego V. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation