Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1345 Discussions

How a backup image of my drive?

DPatt14
Beginner

I've used Acronis backup for the past 10 years. But it cannot detect my Intel Optane PCIE drive. It shows all of my other drives. But for some reason cannot detect it.

Do you provide imaging software that works with the PCEI Optane or do you know of any third-party software companies that make one that is compatible with the Intel Optane PCIE?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. To make backup of your drive, disable Optane memory ennoblement first.
  2. Making backup on non accelerated drive, will protect your system in case of Optane memory fail or you HDD failure.
  3. You can not backup Optane memory.
  4. After performing backup, re enable Optane again.

Leon

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. To make backup of your drive, disable Optane memory ennoblement first.
  2. Making backup on non accelerated drive, will protect your system in case of Optane memory fail or you HDD failure.
  3. You can not backup Optane memory.
  4. After performing backup, re enable Optane again.

Leon

0 Kudos
DPatt14
Beginner
Leon, I was able to perform a backup by creating a community made Acronis Boot Disk that uses Windows PE as a base. I had to preload the drivers into this. Then voilia. Perfect uncompresses images of my octane pcie. Now when my kids break something he my or get a virus I can reimage in 2 minutes flat! Life is beautiful.
0 Kudos