Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1342 Discussions

How can I fix error code 0xA008002D

NBunr
Beginner

Hi I have trouble with install a 16gb optane. I already updated BIOS to lastest version (mine is MSI B250 pro-vdh) and converted my partition to GPT and changed boot mode to UEFI but still not work. The program say that i'm still in legacy mode. Is there any way i can fix without reinstall the windows? PS: I have a piture of what the program say and report from Intel System Support Utility report as well.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

Did you set your Bios using Optane Gene future? See this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rs5IJq2SMtU

Leon

0 Kudos
NBunr
Beginner

No but I already enabled optane gene as you said but end up the program say "No Compatible Disk for Intel® Optane™ Memory" instead.

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. Scott is right, the drive to be accelerated must contain at least 5 MB of continuous unallocated space at the end of the drive (yes minimum 5MB, rather than GB).
  2. Another potential reason could be that the Optane module has been previously used in another volume, so it may need to be "cleaned".

The Diskpart application can be used to remove all partitions and metadata from the module, see here for more information on this process.

Leon

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Do you have at least 5GB of uncommitted space at the end of the drive? If you created partition(s) that encompass the entire drive, then it cannot be supported.

...S

0 Kudos