Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1344 Discussions

How can I know that my Optane memory is running?

Dipayan_Mandal
Beginner

How can I know whether my Optane memory is running or not? I know by using Intel Optane memory application but how can I know how much space its consuming, what files are stored and all. And also what is RAID memory?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, Dipayan_Mandal.

Thank you for posting on the Intel Community Support Forum.

I received your case regarding different Optane memory inquiries, and I will be assisting you with this.

The following article describes how to confirm if Optane is enabled and running:

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000023990/memory-and-storage/intel-optane-memory.html

The Optane memory is not accessible/visible when it is accelerating another drive, so you cannot see what is in it.

The space consumed by the application is negligible, and you still have access to the full capacity of the drive being accelerated.

Regarding your last question, I'm not sure what you are trying to ask, when Optane is enabled, both drives (the Optane and the SSD/HDD) enter in a special time of RAID in order to improve the performance of the SSD/HDD.

If you have other questions, please let me know, and I will follow up on June 20th just in case.

Regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, Dipayan_Mandal.

Thank you for posting on the Intel Community Support Forum.

I received your case regarding different Optane memory inquiries, and I will be assisting you with this.

The following article describes how to confirm if Optane is enabled and running:

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000023990/memory-and-storage/intel-optane-memory.html

The Optane memory is not accessible/visible when it is accelerating another drive, so you cannot see what is in it.

The space consumed by the application is negligible, and you still have access to the full capacity of the drive being accelerated.

Regarding your last question, I'm not sure what you are trying to ask, when Optane is enabled, both drives (the Optane and the SSD/HDD) enter in a special time of RAID in order to improve the performance of the SSD/HDD.

If you have other questions, please let me know, and I will follow up on June 20th just in case.

Regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, Dipayan_Mandal.

Good day,

I wanted to follow up on your thread to check if you had any questions regarding my previous message.

I will follow up again on June 23rd before closing the thread if there is no confirmation about further assistance being required.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
Dipayan_Mandal
Beginner

Thanks for your reply. Understood

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, Dipayan_Mandal.

Thank you for making the thread resolved.

I will proceed to close it right now, and it will no longer be monitored by Intel support, but if you require any type of assistance from Intel in the future, please open a new thread, or contact us back using any of the available support methods.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos