Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1345 Discussions

How to enable optane to speed up non boot ssd

HZhan59
Beginner

The enable button keeps grey in the intel optane rst software. I have a Asus maximus xi hero (wifi) motherboard. I have m.2_1 set as a boot drive, m.2_2 installed a optane memory card. Then a SATA ssd is also installed. Now I want to enable optane to speed up my SATA ssd but could not do so.

I tried to install OptaneMemory but failed. It states that only chipset > 200 is supported which is very weird. Although I'm able to install RST driver, the button keeps grey. I tried many things but they could not work out. Attached are the log files.

Please help me out. Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
DiegoV_Intel
Hi HZhan59, Thank you for posting in the Intel® communities. It may be possible that the reason of the issue is the RST driver that you have, which may be an old one. I recommend you to use the latest version which was uploaded recently: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/99745/Intel-Optane-Memory Please uninstall the one that you have, and re-install the Intel® Optane™ application which includes the driver. If you are still not able to enable the module, please take a screenshot of the application window. I’ll be waiting for your response. Have a nice day. Regards, Diego V. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DiegoV_Intel
Hi HZhan59, Thank you for posting in the Intel® communities. It may be possible that the reason of the issue is the RST driver that you have, which may be an old one. I recommend you to use the latest version which was uploaded recently: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/99745/Intel-Optane-Memory Please uninstall the one that you have, and re-install the Intel® Optane™ application which includes the driver. If you are still not able to enable the module, please take a screenshot of the application window. I’ll be waiting for your response. Have a nice day. Regards, Diego V. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
HZhan59
Beginner

It's working! Thank you! I was thinking it's because of the version because on the Bios it showed 16 but the software only shows 15. But previously that was the newest I can get from online. Thanks for helping out!​

0 Kudos
DiegoV_Intel

Hi HZhan59,

It’s great that it’s working now!

If you ever have another issue or concern about the Intel® Optane™ Memory, feel free to open a new thread. We’ll try to help you in any way we can.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos