Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1344 Discussions

How would Intel Optane Memory Work with PCI-E SSD?

NName1
Beginner

I already have a Intel 750 SSD installed in the PCI-E slot which directly connected with CPU. The Windows 10 64bit is installed on this PCI-E SSD.

I also have a large volume HDD connected with SATA interface on PCH. The HDD is purely for data storage. It is formatted with GPT.

Could I still leverage Optane Memory to accelerate the HDD data accessing?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hello sunseraphic,

Thank you for your question.

Intel® Optane™ Memory must be paired with the drive it will accelerate. Currently, it can only be configured to improve the performance of your boot drive.

Best regards,

Carlos A.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello sunseraphic,

Thank you for your question.

Intel® Optane™ Memory must be paired with the drive it will accelerate. Currently, it can only be configured to improve the performance of your boot drive.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
NName1
Beginner

Thank you very much, Carlos.

May I ask if Intel has any plan to enable Optane Memory supporting non-bootable drive which is pure data storage in the near future?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello sunseraphic,

Intel® Optane™ works by accelerating your OS and most used software applications. While it's very possible that new features and usages will be implemented in the future, we do not have enough information to make any promises yet.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos