Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1344 Discussions

I am getting "no compatible disks for intel optane memory" when trying to setup my new Optane Drive.

LCowa1
Beginner

I think i have the BIOS configured right. i have Intel RST on and it's in the Optane/RAID Mode. i want to use the intel optane to accel one or both of the WD Black 2TB drivers. B/C my boot drive is a 500gb 970 evo. i have ran the intel SSU it is attached to this post.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. You can accelerate one drive only and it should have GPT partition type.
  2. In addition you should leave 10-20MB unallocated space at the end of your System Drive.
  3. Most important, I don't see in the SSU report that you have installed Optane memory Module. Have you? Please attach image of Disk Management to your post.

Leon

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. You can accelerate one drive only and it should have GPT partition type.
  2. In addition you should leave 10-20MB unallocated space at the end of your System Drive.
  3. Most important, I don't see in the SSU report that you have installed Optane memory Module. Have you? Please attach image of Disk Management to your post.

Leon

0 Kudos
LCowa1
Beginner

I figured it out, there was a previous config on the Optane stick. i had to go to the BIOS and wipe it out. but yeah it would appear in the bios but not in windows for some reason but it's working now thanks.

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel

Hello LCowa1,

Thank you for your reply.

We are glad to hear that you were able to solve the issue that you reported. We will proceed to close this case.

Have a nice day.

Best regards,

Josh B.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos