Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1344 Discussions

I can not activate the Intel Optane Memory

amarb
Beginner

I installed an Intel® Optane ™ M10 Series memory (16 GB, M.2 80 mm, PCIe 3.0, 20 nm, 3D XPoint ™) on a laptop Xiaomi MI laptop Air 13.3 "with a BIOS version of XMAKB3M0P100B, which does not I have been able to activate since the Intel Optane Memory application is stupefied when executed and does not open.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
DiegoV_Intel

Hi amarb,

Thank you for posting in the Intel® communities.

I understand that you are not able to setup the Intel® Optane™ Memory because the application doesn’t launch, right?

Considering the fact that you are using a laptop, my first recommendation is to contact the manufacturer to make sure if your system is indeed compatible with the Intel® Optane™ Memory. If it’s not compatible, then you won’t be able to setup the module even though the application installs successfully.

On the other hand, if the Intel® Optane™ Application cannot be installed, I recommend you to try using the Intel® RST Application instead. Both applications include the required drivers for the module and both can be used to setup the module.

You can find them below:

Additionally, could you please confirm if the application doesn’t open when you are trying to install it, or if on the other hand, you can install it but then you cannot open it to start using it?

I will be waiting for your response.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DiegoV_Intel

Hi amarb,

Thank you for posting in the Intel® communities.

I understand that you are not able to setup the Intel® Optane™ Memory because the application doesn’t launch, right?

Considering the fact that you are using a laptop, my first recommendation is to contact the manufacturer to make sure if your system is indeed compatible with the Intel® Optane™ Memory. If it’s not compatible, then you won’t be able to setup the module even though the application installs successfully.

On the other hand, if the Intel® Optane™ Application cannot be installed, I recommend you to try using the Intel® RST Application instead. Both applications include the required drivers for the module and both can be used to setup the module.

You can find them below:

Additionally, could you please confirm if the application doesn’t open when you are trying to install it, or if on the other hand, you can install it but then you cannot open it to start using it?

I will be waiting for your response.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.

0 Kudos
DiegoV_Intel

Hi amarb,

I would like to know if you have any update.

Regards,

Diego V.

0 Kudos
DiegoV_Intel

Hi amarb,

If you have updates, feel free to share them here.

Regards,

Diego V.

0 Kudos