Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1345 Discussions

I can't seem to find Intel Optane on diskpart

OVald1
Beginner

So i was trying to reactivate Intel Optane on my pc but the drivers can't find it. I used the disk part command and then the list disk but the Intel Optane doesn't appear on it.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, OVald1

Good day,

Thank you for contacting the Intel Community Support.

I checked your ticket regarding the missing Optane Memory module, I will be glad to assist you.

What changed in your system before the Optane Memory disappeared? (new Windows isntallation, new system, new SSD or other)

Try installing the new Intel® Optane™ Memory and Storage Management from the Microsoft website:

1. Just open it after you install it (restart if required).
  2. Select the Optane module.
  3. Click on "Clear Metadata" on the right side of the screen.
  4. You should be able to enable acceleration after clearing the old data.

Memory and storage tool.jpg

Let me know.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, OVald1.

Good day,

I wanted to follow up on your ticket to check if you need further assistance.

If this is the case, please let me know the information requested in my previous post or if you tried using the Intel® Optane™ Memory and Storage Management.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
OVald1
Beginner
Hi, the program you listed can't read 16gb optane memory. Well the thing is that i had other program for the optane memory and it does detect it but can't erase the metadata El mar., 19 may. 2020 a las 14:57, Intel Forums (<supportreplies@intel.com>) escribió:
0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, OVald1.

Good day,

I received confirmation that you are currently working via e-mail with one of our agents from the live support area after contacting via chat or phone.

I noticed that he provided some information regarding "clear metadata" via BIOS or taking the computer personally to a location specified by the manufacturer.

Support will continue via e-mail, this thread will be closed so you can continue working with him.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos