Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1343 Discussions

I can't seem to make my secondary hdd be accelerated with the optane memory

AMeci
Beginner

My system:

cpu - 8600k

motherboard - z370 asrock extreme 4 (bios updated)

Corsair 16GB (8x2) @3000 MHz Memory

Storage Boot: Samsung 860 EVO 250GB

Storage Secondary: Seagate Barracuda 2 TB

Intel Optane Memory 16GB installed in slot M.2_2

I have tried using optane memory program and RST program both gave me only the option of using my boot drive.

How do I set up my secondary storage instead?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
FAnno
Beginner

When you Installed Intel Optane Memory first, you got old driver like i had, because they removed the newest Driver. -.-

And that driver dont Support Accel for Secondary HDD.

You can go to Device Manager and Check Driver Version for "Memory Controller -> Intel RST " When it says 15.9 its the old one not working.

555.jpg

That green one is probably what you got, check Date.

Purple is needed for Secondary Acceleration, but removed.

-.-

0 Kudos
FAnno
Beginner

I got it working, only with the newest Driver.

Here is Link to it:

https://www.station-drivers.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=353&func=fileinfo&id=3785&lang=en

Have Fun :)

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
Hello AMeci, Thank you for having contacted Intel Technical Support. We have not heard from you since our last communication and we would like to know if you need further assistance or if we can close this case? Important note: Should further assistance or clarification be required, we will greatly appreciate if you reply to this post instead of writing a new one unless your inquiry is completely unrelated. This way we will prevent generating a duplicate post and we will not lose the train of thought. We will be looking forward to your reply. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
Hello AMeci, Thank you for having contacted Intel® Technical Support. I was reviewing your community post and we would like to know if you need further assistance or if we can close this case. We will be looking forward to your reply. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
AMeci
Beginner

I tried both answers, I still cannot make the secondary HDD accelerated.

I used the old version, and the newly released one . I updated my BIOS again, tried to use Rapid Storage newest driver and so on... I still don't get to choose the secondary HDD

Thanks to those who are trying to help,

Alon.

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
Hello AMeci, Thank you for your reply. In order to further assist you we will appreciate if you can provide us with the following information: • The SSU logs. 1- Go to https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/ and download the software. 2- When finished downloading it, open it. 3- Attach the file obtained to your reply. • A screenshot of the “Disk Management” of windows showing all your HDDs and partitions (this to have a better view on how your HDD is detected by the OS) We will be looking forward to your reply. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
AMeci
Beginner

There you go Josh

Disk Management.jpg

Thanks,

Alon.

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
Hello AMeci, Thank you for your reply. Based on the information you provide us, we noticed the following: 1. You do not have the necessary unallocated space of at least 5MB on your bootable device. We recommend you to create this space on your drive using any tool of your preference and to test your system. 2. Your BIOS Mode is set up in "Legacy" and it is required to be in UEFI and RST premium. In order to solve your issue, you may need to reinstall your OS in order to format your drives in GPT, create the unallocated space and to have your BIOS updated to the required settings. For further information on how to change your BIOS settings, we advise you to check with your motherboard original equipment manufacturer (OEM) or to consult your motherboard manual. We will be looking forward to your reply sharing the results of this troubleshooting. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
Hello AMeci, Thank you for having contacted Intel® Technical Support. I was reviewing your community post and we would like to know if you need further assistance or if we can close this case. We will be looking forward to your reply. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
0 Kudos