Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1344 Discussions

I have a 500mb 900p and while reinstalling windows, I believe I deleted the partitions, causing the integrated optane memory to not function. Is there a way to recreate the native partitions?

bwalk15
Beginner

0 Kudos
8 Replies
AlHill
Super User

It is just "list partition" or "list part". You have partitionS, which is incorrect.

Doc

0 Kudos
bwalk15
Beginner

when i type list part or list partition, here's what comes up.

0 Kudos
bwalk15
Beginner

If it's helpful, here are the other commands I tried. If i recall, there used to be a 15gb partition for the integrated optane memory.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

You better be careful with Disk part.

LIST DISK

SEL DISK X

LIST PART

are the commands you should use and in that order.

Doc

0 Kudos
bwalk15
Beginner

Thank you. Here is the information. To be clear, when I reinstalled and installed the intel RST software, it says "your system appears to be intel optane memory ready and intel optane memory module is present, but no compatible disks to accelerate were detected on your computer. please install a compatible disk." the enable optane memory button is also grayed out. all of the BIOS settings are correct, I believe.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

We need more than just "I believe".

Doc

0 Kudos
bwalk15
Beginner

I didn't do anything out of the ordinary when I reinstalled. I did a UEFI usb windows reinstall and formatted from the pre-boot windows installer menu. I just allocated an extra 20mb of space to my only drive--some people said this fixed their issue but the issue still persists on my end.

Most of the screenshots I see of peoples' configuration shows SSD partition plus around 13gb of "optane memory" listed as a separate partition. Do I need to reinstall and create a separate partition for the SSD to be recognized as optane compatible? It appears that my system is recognizing the optane module but something is wrong with the interface between it and SSD.

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, bwalk15.

Good day,

Thank you for contacting the Intel Community Support and thank you Al Hill for your assistance.

It has been brought to my attention that this ticket has already been resolved via phone with one of our agents, I will proceed to close the thread now.

In case someone else is interested, the main reason for the error message being that Intel Optane Memory is designed to accelerate SATA drives (SSD or HDD) and just selected PCIe NVMe* Intel® SSD 6 Series with Intel® QLC 3D NAND.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos