Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1343 Discussions

I have a question on How to Enable The Optane memory.

JOrte2
Beginner

I've done this before.

The problem was that I re-installed the Operating System and forgot to disable the Memory.

When I tried to re-enable it after install, the system shows that is Grayed Out.

1.png

I would like to enable the intel optane memory

On event viewer I got this:

2.png

And I attached the information about the system

0 Kudos
9 Replies
JosafathB_Intel
Hello JOrte2, Thank you for contacting Intel® Technical Support. As we understand, you need assistance with your Intel® Optane™ Memory. If we infer correctly we will appreciate if you can provide us with the following information: • A screenshot of the “Disk Management” of windows showing all your HDDs and partitions (this to have a better view on how your SSD is detected by the OS) • We will like to know if you are using the latest version of the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) User Interface and Driver (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28413) that is the version: 16.8.0.1000. • We will like to know if you already tried to access to your BIOS and to disable the Optane acceleration from the RST options. In case that you need further instructions on how to disable the Optane from your BIOS we advise you to contact your original equipment manufacturer (OEM). We will be looking forward to your reply including this information. Best regards, Josh B. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JOrte2
Beginner

I have that version on the Programs

12.png

But not on the BIOS, (because it's managed by the Firmware I guess)

DSC_0961.JPG

NO NVME

DSC_0963.JPG

Disk Management:

123.png

It's not being recognized anywhere and it's plugged....

0 Kudos
JOrte2
Beginner

I've already tried to contact them.

http://forum.gigabyte.us/user/13014/recent

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
Hello JOrte2, Thank you for your reply. Based on the information you shared with us we notice the following: • That you do not have the necessary unallocated space of at least 5MB on your bootable device. We recommend you to create this space on your drive using any tool of your preference and to test your system. • Seems to be that the Intel® Optane™ Memory is not being detected properly by your BIOS we advise you to follow the instructions on the following website: https://www.gigabyte.com/MicroSite/454/intel-optane-ready.html And to try again to accelerate the system. We hope you find this information helpful. If you need further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us again Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
Hello JOrte2, Thank you for having contacted Intel® Technical Support. I was reviewing your community post and we would like to know if you need further assistance or if we can close this case. We will be looking forward to your reply. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JOrte2
Beginner

Well basically from gigabyte they said that the problem resides on the Security you put into the Intel Optane memory.

Now the problem is that I'm still unable to activate it.

If I contact gigabyte to ask for the damn option to "Reset to not optane" they basically washes his hands and says that the problem is on you (intel).

if I contact you, you say that the problem is on their side because I can't see the memory on the BIOS...

Who should I believe?.

The whole thing is that I'm not able to enable my optane memory, so, what should I do?

Can I send it back to INTEL and receive a replacement? even if I have to pay for that.

Or what do I do with the chip because right now I can't use it like that ... ?

What do you suggest?

do you think this request is complete?

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
Hello JOrte2, Thank you for your reply. We will like to know if you created the unallocated space in your bootable drive as we advised in our previous interaction. If you want to proceed with a warranty replacement of Intel® Optane™ Memory we will need your product markings (part number and serial number) to check the warranty status and to start the process. We will be looking forward to your reply. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JOrte2
Beginner

I did, and it did not difference.

DSC_1127.JPGOriginal Buy was on feb 6, 2018

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
Hello JOrte2, Thank you for your reply and the information provided. You are going to receive an email shortly from our advance technical support department in order to further assist you. Thank you for your patience and understanding. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos