Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1344 Discussions

Iastorac.sys causing 0x193 bsod

CSolomon
Novice

I have a 32gb m10 optane memory module. I installed it about a year or so ago. Installation and setup were painless. It has been accelerating my 1tb hdd ever since install. About two weeks ago, I noticed that the optane appeared not to be accelerating things properly. Investigation revealed that the task that is supposed to be there in task scheduler is not present, and the "Intel Optane Memory Service" was not and would not run. Attempting to start it caused a 0x139 BSOD to occur in iaStorAC.sys. thinking it was simply a corrupted driver, I downloaded the latest version of the RST/optane software. The install appeared to be going well, except suddenly, presumably when the software setup tried to start the optane memory service, a bsod occured, with the same stop code i.e. "Kernel security check failure" now when ever the system tries to boot, the same bsod o curs during boot. Safe mode does appear to be working, but I can't uninstall or service the software because Microsoft installer service does not work under safe mode. This issue seems to have been caused after an update to windows, but I am not sure.

OS - windows 11 Pro

hardware natively supports OS - Yes.

CPU - 8th gen i7-8750H

Drives - NVME WD 256gb WDC PC SN520 SDAPNUW-256G

SATA WD 1tb wdc WD10SPZX-17Z10T1

NVME  INTEL MEMPEK1J032GA

bios SATA mode setting - RST Premium with Optane system acceleration

RST Firmware version : 16.7.0.3513 raid driver

RST/Optane driver version - 17.11.0.1000

0 Kudos
1 Solution
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, CSolomon.

Thank you for posting on the Intel Community Support Forums.

I received your case regarding the service not running properly, and I will be reviewing this with you.

The acceleration of the secondary drive is working fine as long as it is correctly enabled in the Optane Management application and the drives are also detected as paired in Device Manager.

The possibility to run the optimization service is only available if the acceleration is enabled with the primary drive. Accelerating a secondary drive will not provide this option from the Intel® Optane™ memory application, and attempting to run the service manually from Windows* is not possible and could result in an error.

I would recommend contacting Microsoft or performing a clean OS installation if the boot problems persist, and regarding the driver it would be good to check what is the latest Intel RST driver provided by the motherboard manufacturer and work with that one instead.

If we can help you in any way, please let me know, but if that is not the case I will proceed to close the ticket on February 27th.

Regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, CSolomon.

Thank you for posting on the Intel Community Support Forums.

I received your case regarding the service not running properly, and I will be reviewing this with you.

The acceleration of the secondary drive is working fine as long as it is correctly enabled in the Optane Management application and the drives are also detected as paired in Device Manager.

The possibility to run the optimization service is only available if the acceleration is enabled with the primary drive. Accelerating a secondary drive will not provide this option from the Intel® Optane™ memory application, and attempting to run the service manually from Windows* is not possible and could result in an error.

I would recommend contacting Microsoft or performing a clean OS installation if the boot problems persist, and regarding the driver it would be good to check what is the latest Intel RST driver provided by the motherboard manufacturer and work with that one instead.

If we can help you in any way, please let me know, but if that is not the case I will proceed to close the ticket on February 27th.

Regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, CSolomon.

This post is to inform you about the closure of this community thread since there was no confirmation about further assistance being required.

I previously shared that, regarding the main issue, it is recommended to contact Microsoft or performing a clean OS installation if the boot problems persist, and regarding the driver it would be good to check what is the latest Intel RST driver provided by the motherboard manufacturer and work with that one instead.

The thread will be closed right now, and it will no longer be monitored by Intel support, but if you require any type of assistance from Intel in the future, just open a new thread, or contact us using any of the available support methods:

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-intel.html

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos