Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1343 Discussions

Install Optane Memory, about MBR convert to GPT

CKwc
Beginner

Motherboard - Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master

Bios version - F8 (newest)

SSD - M.2 Samsung 970 EVO (main drive OS)

HDD - Seagate Barracuda Pro 6TB

I have found this https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P0000490Y3GSAU/cant-install-intel-optane-memory?language=en_US having same issue like mine,

I want to ask my Intel Optane Memory are install for secondary drive and what line should I type in cmd

SSD - Disk 0 MBR

HDD - Disk 1 MBR

Optane - Disk 2 MBR

HDD - Disk 3 GPT

And I have one more question about convert this hard drive, is it any chance losing any data, or have to format the disk ? because I don't want to lose anything inside the disk.

(New updated)

After I try disabled CSM and enable RST controlled in bios, my pc doesn't boot in, stuck at the bios.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
13 Replies
JosafathB_Intel
Hello CKwc, This is just a friendly reminder that your case remains open. Should you need our technical assistance please do not hesitate to contact us back. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
CKwc
Beginner

Unable to convert MBR to GPT using EaseUS, it show me this.

What is the problem ? 49172760_2463648483861997_6419281730036826112_n.jpg

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
Hello CKwc, Thank you for your reply. We advise you to contact EaseUS* and provide them with the error message in order to get further assistance regarding this third party software. We will be looking forward to your reply in case that you need further assistance. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
CKwc
Beginner

Really appreciate for the help, I have successfully installed Optane Memory.

(But I loss my data on the disk and I didn't did any backup...)

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
Hello CKwc, Thank you for your reply. We are glad to hear that you were able to successfully install your Optane memory in your system. We will like to know if you need further assistance or if we can close this case. Important note: Should further assistance or clarification be required, we will greatly appreciate if you reply to this post instead of writing a new one unless your inquiry is completely unrelated. This way we will prevent generating a duplicate post and we will not lose the train of thought. We will be looking forward to your reply. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
Hello CKwc, Thank you for contacting Intel® Memory & Storage Support. This is just a friendly reminder that your case remains open. Should you need our technical assistance please do not hesitate to contact us back. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
CKwc
Beginner

I have successful installed Optane Memory, thanks for your help :)

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
Hello CKwc, Thank you for your reply. We are glad to hear that your Optane is working properly, this case is now closed, if you need further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us again. Best regards, Josh B. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
qwang29
Beginner

Generally speaking, no matter you use Diskpart commands or Disk Management tool to convert MBR to GPT, or GPT to MBR, you will have to delete all existing partitions, including all data stored on them. That is a must step. If you don't want to lose important data on the disk, you might consider using a 3rd party free MBR to GPT converter, which enables you to convert disk between MBR and GPT styles without deleting partitions, so everything on the disk will stay safe.

https://www.disk-partition.com/articles/free-mbr-to-gpt-converter-7201.html

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
Hello qwang29, Thank you for taking the time to provide the community with your findings and the solution that you found for this issue. If you have more questions or need further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us again. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
Hello qwang29, Thank you for contacting Intel® Memory & Storage Support. This is just a friendly reminder that your case remains open. Should you need our technical assistance please do not hesitate to contact us back. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
Hello qwang29, Thank you for having contacted Intel® Technical Support. I was reviewing your community post and we would like to know if you need further assistance or if we can close this case. We will be looking forward to your reply. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos