Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1344 Discussions

Intel Optane Memory M10 "There are no valid disk pairs in your system"

Yovax
Novice

Hola,

El día de hoy, instalé una memoria Intel Optane M10 en mi PC y al instalar Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management, después de reiniciar el equipo, me encuentro con el mensaje "No hay pares de discos válidos en su sistema".

Mi placa madre es: TUF GAMING B460M-PLUS

CPU: Intel Core i5-10400F CPU @ 2.90GHz

PD: Adjunto capturas de pantalla

Saludos

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Yovax
Novice

The problem is resolved

Fix: I clenaed a disk and converted to gpt, and I unallocated 100 MB from disk

Thank you for the answers!

View solution in original post

8 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User
Have you set the SATA Mode to the Optane setting in BIOS Setup?
...S
0 Kudos
Yovax
Novice

This is my configuration in BIOS

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, Yovax.

Good day,

Thank you for posting in the Intel Community Support forum.

I received your thread regarding Intel Optane Memory acceleration showing you an error message, I will be glad to assist you.

There are a few reasons why this could happen, and now that you showed the BIOS in RST mode, please review the following:

1. Do you have 5MB of unallocated space at the end of the disk? You can review this in Disk Management.

2. Is the drive type "Basic" or "Dynamic"? You can also check this in Disk Management.

3. The drive must be GPT not MBR, and partition must be NTFS.

4. The drive to be accelerated must not be part of a RAID.

5. Is this a brand new Optane Module or was it used before? If it was used, you may need to clean/erase it using Diskpart.

Compatibility Error Message for Intel® Optane™ Memory: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000056922/memory-and-storage/intel-optane-memory.html

Error Codes and Resizing the Drive for Acceleration with Intel® Optane™ Memory: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000056917/memory-and-storage/intel-optane-memory.html

I would also like to know if you can provide us with a full system report using Intel System Support Utility along with the information previously provided:

1. SSU downlead: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

2. Download the Intel® System Support Utility and save the application to your system.

3. Open the application and click Scan to see system and device information. The Intel® System Support Utility defaults to the Summary View on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View.

4. To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer.

I will follow up on July 29th, but you can let us know if additional time would be required.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Yovax
Novice

Hi,

I have 13,40 GB Unallocated, the disk is type basic and partition style GPT

I don't know if my drives are RAID

I never used before this memory, is new

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @Yovax 

FYI, the 5MB of unallocated space you should prepare in the end of the drive boeing accelerated, rather than on the Optane Memory. 

Please read the Intel® Optane™ Memory: Before You Buy, Key Requirements and the Optane User Guide.

Your BIOS is set to Legacy mode, while only UEFI mode is supported.

It is not clear to me what is the P/N of the drive you are trying to accelerate. It appears that this is an NVMe SSD? Only SATA drive can be accelerated. 

Leon

Yovax
Novice

Hi @LeonWaksman 

Now, I have 1000MB unallocated in my SSD and I changed in the BIOS to UEFI mode

My disk 0 is a NVMe SSD, but my Disks 1 and 2 are SSD storage, connected by SATA

But the message still "There are no valid disk pairs in your system"

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @Yovax 

It is difficult for me to help you  more in this point. Try to follow the instructions in the Optane User Guide

If your Optane Module was previously used, erase it using Diskpart.

Leon

Yovax
Novice

The problem is resolved

Fix: I clenaed a disk and converted to gpt, and I unallocated 100 MB from disk

Thank you for the answers!