Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1343 Discussions

Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management App does not properly recognize my CPU

Samed
Employee

Hello, 

The "Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management" App that I got from MSFT store shows an invalid error when I select the "Memory Intel Optane" slot at the left panel. It displays "CPU not compatible" but I am using a 9th generation i7 processor (9700K) that does support Optane according to Intel website.  

It also complains about not having a valid pair of disks in the system. 

I am using a 64G M10 Intel Optane Memory, a 1TB SP SSD and a Gigabyte b365m motherboard. 

I have disabled csm support at BIOS setup, selected Intel RST premum SATA Mode and set the PCIe Device (the M10 memory) to be RST controlled.  

I've uploaded pictures with error messages (sorry, they are in spanish). 

I'd really appreciate any help with this, please. So far enabling this optane memory has been extremely painful and impossible. 

Thanks!

-Samed

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JosafathB_Intel

Hello Samed,

Thank you for your patience.

We reviewed the logs and the information you provide us.

Based on the logs, your motherboard (MB) is a Gigabyte* B365MH, and we noticed the following on your OEM (original equipment manufacturer) website:

1- We do not see the Optane M10 64GB in the list of compatible hardware M.2 Support List (https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B365M-H-rev-10/support#support-doc), we advise you to contact the manufacturer to assure compatibility with your Optane.

2- We recommend you uninstall your current Optane tools, and to install the ones provided by the OEM (Intel Optane memory Win10 ver.2004 supported):

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B365M-H-rev-10/support#support-dl-driver-sataraidahci

After these steps are complete, please try to accelerate your SSD one more time and let us know the results.

Best regards,

Josh B.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel®

View solution in original post

10 Replies
JosafathB_Intel

Hello Samed,

As we understand, you need assistance with an error related to your Intel® Optane™ Memory. If we infer correctly, we will appreciate it if you can provide us with the following information:

• Please, let us know the version of the Optane software that you have installed in your system.

• A screenshot of the “Disk Management” showing all the storage devices. To access the disk manager, you can choose from the following two ways:

# 1: Open it from the Quick Access Menu.

o Right-click the bottom-left corner (or Start button) on the desktop to open Quick Access Menu, and then choose Disk Management.

# 2: Access Disk Management via Run.

o Use Windows+R to open Run, type “diskmgmt.msc” in the empty box, and tap OK.

•We need you to provide us with the system details by extracting the SSU logs.

The SSU logs.

1- Go to https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/ (for Windows*) and to https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26735/ (for Linux) download the software.
2- When you finish downloading it, open it.
3- Attach the file generated by the tool in your reply.

We will be looking forward to your reply, including this information.

Josh B.

0 Kudos
Samed
Employee

Hi Josh, 

Thanks for your reply! Yes, you are right. 

My SW version is: 17.9.1008.0.
The Driver version is: 16.8.3.1003.

I have attached requested pictures to this reply. 

I'll attach ssu logs in a different message. Working on it. 

Thanks again! 
-Samed

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel

Hello Samed,

Thank you for your reply and the screenshots.

We are looking forward to your reply, including the SSU logs to check your current hardware configuration.

Have a nice day.

Best regards,

Josh B.

0 Kudos
Samed
Employee

Hi Josh, 

Find attached to this message the ssu log file and a picture of the ssu app GUI showing the data. 

Thanks!

-Samed

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel

Hello Samed,

Thank you for your reply.

We are currently reviewing the logs and the information you gave us to provide you an answer as soon as possible.

We will be contacting back as soon as we have a solution or in case further information is required.

Best regards,

Josh B.

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel

Hello Samed,

Thank you for your patience.

We reviewed the logs and the information you provide us.

Based on the logs, your motherboard (MB) is a Gigabyte* B365MH, and we noticed the following on your OEM (original equipment manufacturer) website:

1- We do not see the Optane M10 64GB in the list of compatible hardware M.2 Support List (https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B365M-H-rev-10/support#support-doc), we advise you to contact the manufacturer to assure compatibility with your Optane.

2- We recommend you uninstall your current Optane tools, and to install the ones provided by the OEM (Intel Optane memory Win10 ver.2004 supported):

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B365M-H-rev-10/support#support-dl-driver-sataraidahci

After these steps are complete, please try to accelerate your SSD one more time and let us know the results.

Best regards,

Josh B.

Samed
Employee

Hey Josh, 

That SW you provided from Gigabyte page worked out fine! Thank you. Seems Optane is now running (attached image). I had to re-install operating system to leave some extra free space at the end of the disk that the tool asked me too, but after that seems it finally got to work. 

My only concern now is that there is a message at the top saying that the tool will stop to be used.... Will it stop to work in time?

Now that we know my Motherboard DOES support the Optane (as it is working now)... Is there a way that new SW supports it? 

Thanks!
-Samed

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel

Hello Samed,

We are glad to hear that you were able to activate your Optane acceleration by using the software available on the OEM website.

Since your Optane is up and running now, the next step is to download and install the latest version of the software from the Microsoft* store. For this purpose, we advise you to follow the How to Install Intel® Optane™ Memory (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000023989.html) and the What Software Manages Acceleration with Intel® Optane™ Memory? (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000024385/memory-and-storage.html) articles.

We hope you find this information helpful.

Best regards,

Josh B.

0 Kudos
Samed
Employee

Hi Josh, 

Followed your last instructions and downloaded from MSFT store the Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management (that didn't work previously) and is now running correctly and indicating Optane is up and enhancing; attached a picture of it. Thank you for all the help. 

Regards, 
-Samed

JosafathB_Intel

Hello Samed,

We are glad to hear that you were able to update the software for your Optane to the latest version by using the option in the Microsoft* store after previously installing the solution provided by your OEM.

Based on the screenshot you provide us, everything seems to be up and running on your PC.

We will proceed to close this thread as you already selected our previous post as the best answer.

If you need assistance with any other Intel® product, please open a new thread.

Have a nice day.

Best regards,

Josh B.

0 Kudos