Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here

Intel Optane Memory help!

Lugod
Beginner

So took me about two days to figure out I needed to reformat my PC into GPT partition in order to have Intel Memory Optane to work properly and have Bios Sata controller settings on UEFI only mode. Not sure if I installed everything properly, I put in countless hours following guides from intel/motherboard manufacturer to the tea. The PC i bought is iBuypower a pre-built custom gaming computer but due to getting slow i reformatted and had to re-install all the drivers myself. I used ASRock live shop app since it supposedly poses to detect intel memory Optane drivers yet it didn't so i did it manually from the website. I installed Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) User Interface and Driver then proceed to install intel Optane memory and storage from Microsoft store to "enable" and restarted it seems to be working.

My issue is it's not showing the folder nor it's utilizing its "16 gb" only 13 gb. Also, Intel Memory and Storage tool detecting this "Controller used with this drive is in AHCI or RAID mode" yet I confirmed it was in UEFI mode otherwise the computer won't even boot in AHCI mode with GPT partition.

My mother board is Asrock z270 Killer SLI/ac I used this website ASRock > Z270 Killer SLI/ac for the downloads/bios.  But I didn't use that instead I used intel website to install memory optane with microsoft store to enable it. P.S if you need any additional information I will gladly grab it for you ASAP.

Controller used with this drive is in AHCI or RAID modeController used with this drive is in AHCI or RAID mode

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @Lugod 

In answer to your questions:

1. "My issue is it's not showing the folder nor it's utilizing its "16 gb" only 13 gb." Only 13 GB is shown as available memory, since the other 3GB is used by Optane memory for housekeeping. 

2. "Also, Intel Memory and Storage tool detecting this "Controller used with this drive is in AHCI or RAID mode"
The RAID or AHCI are SATA Controller modes. The UEFI is BIOS mode (rather than SATA mode). So, on your board in order to use Optane acceleration, your BIOS should be set to UEFI mode, the drive should have GPT partition and the SATA mode should be set to RAID (or if you have  such mode in BIOS to "Intel RST Premium with Intel Optane System"). From the attached images, it looks that your system is set correctly and Optane acceleration is enabled.

3. For your refence please read the Optane Series M Installation Guide and Optane Frequently Asked Questions 

Leon

View solution in original post

1 Reply
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @Lugod 

In answer to your questions:

1. "My issue is it's not showing the folder nor it's utilizing its "16 gb" only 13 gb." Only 13 GB is shown as available memory, since the other 3GB is used by Optane memory for housekeeping. 

2. "Also, Intel Memory and Storage tool detecting this "Controller used with this drive is in AHCI or RAID mode"
The RAID or AHCI are SATA Controller modes. The UEFI is BIOS mode (rather than SATA mode). So, on your board in order to use Optane acceleration, your BIOS should be set to UEFI mode, the drive should have GPT partition and the SATA mode should be set to RAID (or if you have  such mode in BIOS to "Intel RST Premium with Intel Optane System"). From the attached images, it looks that your system is set correctly and Optane acceleration is enabled.

3. For your refence please read the Optane Series M Installation Guide and Optane Frequently Asked Questions 

Leon