Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1344 Discussions

Intel Optane Memory not working

RYilm
Novice

My optane memory is not working please help me

0 Kudos
9 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Rehay,

Thank you for contacting our support community. We understand your situation regarding the Intel® Optane™ Memory.

As per MSI* website: https://www.msi.com/news/detail/nO7jPBLuMlxeTNdkq_uGG2SPwkOtmwFrCt6f4DnHvMjX3p-tXjidN2MypSxxYPpHyrWNILgIHsyesyCxaYxrAQ~~

You need the following configuration on BIOS in order to enable the Optane(R):

*Go to Settings > Advanced > Windows Os Configuration.

Set Windows 8.1/10 WHQL Support to enable.

*Go to Settings > Advanced > Integrated Peripherals and check the following options:

SATA Mode: [AHCI Mode]->[RAID/Optane Mode]

M2_1 - RST PCIe Storage Remapping: [Disable]->[Enabled]

M2_2 - RST PCIe Storage Remapping: [Disable]->[Enabled]

M.2/Optane Genie: [Disabled]->[Enabled]

If you are not able to enable the Optane(R), please let us know which M.2 and SATA ports are you using.

NOTE: Any links provided for third party tools or sites are offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel® of the content, products, or services offered there. We do not offer support for any third party tool mentioned here.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Regards,

Junior M.

0 Kudos
RYilm
Novice

It still didn't work i have it in the second m.2 slot and i am using the 4th sata port

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Rehay,

Thanks for the information provided.

Could you please let us know if this is the first time you are trying to enable Optane(R)? Or was it working before?

Regards,

Junior M.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Rehay,

We would like to know if you read our previous post. If you have any other questions, we'll be waiting for your response.

Regards,

Junior M.

0 Kudos
APalm2
Beginner

Hello Junior M.

I have the same problem. When i try this configuration my computer shuts down. I have the last version of Bios for a Msi Z370 Tomahawk.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Alan_CL,

In order to better assist you with this situation, could you please provide the following information:

*Please download and run the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility Intel® System Support Utility. Run the scan selecting "Everything." Save this report and upload.

*Please prove the logs located here: C:\Users\[your user name]\Intel\Logs *If you are getting error messages on the Optane(TM) software please attach the screenshots of them.

Regards,

Junior M.

0 Kudos
APalm2
Beginner

Junior M,

I add the different documents i got, for example, when i turn on the win 10 help on bios my pc turn off.

I add too the SSU results when i had configuration for use intel optine memory and the setting right now (named SSU normal use).
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Alan_CL,

Thanks for the logs provided.

It seems that this is a BIOS error because the system has all the configuration needed for the Optane(TM).

We recommend to verify with the https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/oems.html motherboard manufacturer and let us know if they were able to assist you.

Regards,

Junior M.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Alan_CL,

We haven't heard back from you in a while. Have you been able to resolve this issue?

Regards,

Junior M.

0 Kudos