Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1343 Discussions

Intel Optane Not Detected In BIOS Or Windows

KTang6
Beginner

Hello,

My 32GB Intel Optane Memory is not detected anymore in BIOS or Windows. I tried looking for it on everything, NVMe configuration in bios, device manager, Intel Rapid Storage, etc. I cannot find it, it's not detected. I installed it 100% correctly and securely in my computer. My system is a RAID 0, so I'm using both of my hard drives so I can install Intel Optane. I did the following steps:

1. Clear the RAID, set both as default again

2. DISKPART Clean all for both hard drives

3. Installed the Intel Optane Module in different slots, nothing happened

4. Reinstalled Windows

5. I reset one of the hard drives as non-optane before any of the steps above

Please help me, I am new at this since I'm not that familiar with software.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello TicsojiSAC15,

Thanks for posting in our communities. We understand that you're experiencing detection issues with your Intel® Optane™ Memory.

In order to better assist you, please provide us with the following files:

- Intel® System Support Utility report.

1. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600 Download the latest Intel® SSU.

2. Select to include "everything."

3. Name and save the report.

- Intel Optane logs located at C:\Users\[your_user_name]\Intel\Logs

The attach button is located at the lower right of the reply box.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos
KTang6
Beginner

Here's The Intel SSU Report

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello TicsojiSAC15,

Thanks for the file.

You mentioned the Intel Optane Memory is no longer being recognized. Can we assume it was detected before? If so, what has changed in the system recently?

From the Intel SSU report, we noticed your boot drive is a RAID 0 array and the secondary drive is an NVMe based SSD (Samsung SSD 960 EVO*). Please notice that the https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000023994/memory-and-storage/intel-optane-memory.html drive to be accelerated by Intel Optane Memory must be a single SATA based drive. RAID volumes and NVMe SSDs are not supported.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello TicsojiSAC15,

We haven't heard from you in the last few days. Please let us know if there's anything else we can do for you.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos