Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1354 Discussions

Intel Optane SSD 526GB, it is not working

Amonullo
Beginner
Dear all please help to solve this issue. I have hard disk of Intel Optane SSD 526 GB in my HP Victus laptop. It was working very good one day before.

Some of my OS files and drivers got updated one day before, restarted several times. Computer was working good. I completed my work yesterday and turned off it.

Next day I came and could not on the computer. At the beginning it showed some blue death screen. I could not enter to the system. After several trial could only enter one time to system and while I was on desktop it stopped working. I waited for more than 5 minutes, no use. Then I started to restart the computer. But it was black now and after 1 minutes I got this message: BOOT have not been found please install the Operation System to your hard disk.

How can I restore this SSD? My computer is not reading it. How it can stop suddenly? I have very important file and I afraid to lose it.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

There are a number of possibilities here:

1. Support for Optane was somehow disabled in the BIOS.
  2. The SSD is corrupted.
  3. The SSD has failed.
  4. A component of (or added to, like memory) the motherboard has failed.

Have you done a complete power cycle of the laptop? That is, removed external power and disabled/removed the battery?

A blue screen means that something changed or something failed. The No-boot-device message (also) means that something changed or something failed.

Have you gone into BIOS Setup and verified that Optane support is enabled?

I believe that, before anything else, you need to attempt to backup the contents of the SSD. This will require putting this SSD into another system that has Optane support and Optane is enabled. Do you have access such a system?

...S

0 Kudos
Simon-Intel
Employee

Hi Amonullo,

Thank you for contacting Intel Support.

Please note that the product you are referring to has reached the end of interactive support.

When interactive support ends for a product or service, it means we will no longer provide direct assistance or troubleshooting through interactive channels such as live chat, phone support, or interactive forums.

However, you may still be able to get support from our community members.

Best regards,

Simon

0 Kudos
DataRecoveryGuy
Beginner
These drives are recoverable. We have seen several in our lab recently.
0 Kudos