Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1343 Discussions

Intel Optane cant be recognized

JLu28
Beginner

So i succefully activate the Intel Optane in my HD (1 tb), but after this i did a mess in add a 2nd HD (with minor storage) and with this, the BIOS backed to ACHI mode and M2 disabled. I tried enable RAID/Optane mode and M2 again and the system cant recognize Intel Optane anymore, if i try disable RAID/Optane mode and M2, show that Intel Optane was activated and running in system. Checking the Intel RST driver, my main HD and Intel Optane they´re in non raid and ACHI mode (even i´m in Raid with M2 enabled).

My system info: MSI H270 Mortar Arctic, BIOS already updated; i7 7700; 16gb ram; main hd 1 tb; 16gb intel optane; OS win 10 pro

I wonder if i messed with BIOS.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JLu28
Beginner

Searching in community, i think my situation is similar with below situation, where the Optane is undected. So i tried diskpart, but seems doest work. Tried reset in BIOS, but i cant find option to reset, everything is greyed out. I wonder if the problem is with BIOS or with Optane.

ACHI mode

Raid mode

Diskpart list disk (i believe the disk 2 is optane, clean all doesnt work)

Diskpart list disk (sometimes appear the disk 3, tried clean all and nothing)

Tried access Intel RST to reset the optane, but everything is greyed out

If i try raid mode, show that optane was activated and running

Any advises?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Juliolu,

We understand you were able to activate the Intel® Optane™ Memory but after you added a second HDD it stopped working.

We normally suggest users using diskpart to clean the module and that way it can be de-concatenated. Remember that the module is "linked" to your original SATA boot drive, so it won't work with any other disk.

We do suggest trying this and let us know if you get an error message, also please make sure to check all BIOS settings, you can use http://download.msi.com/archive/mnu_exe/Intel_Optane_Memory_Installation_Guide_En.zip this link as reference.

Please let us know the progress.

Regards,

Nestor C
0 Kudos
JLu28
Beginner

Tried many times, but diskpart doesnt work, so i asked a technician to solve for me, i dont know what he did, but now everything is fine.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Juliolu,

Thanks for replying back letting us know that it is now fixed. It would be great to know what fixes it, but most likely you just needed to format the module and enable it again.

Anyway, thanks for the confirmation.

Regards,

Nestor C

0 Kudos