Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here

Intel Optane install

LennartII
Beginner

Trying to install Optane I think I'm stuck somewhere in the middle.

Mobo Asrock B365M-HDV (1151, intel optane ready)

Processor: Pentium Gold G5420@3.80GHz

Optane 535 series M.2 240GB

Intenso SataIII SSD 120GB

Both drives are GPT

Bios is set to intel optane with raid, without raid setup/paired disks.

In the optane memory management It says no paired disks. I try to pair them there but that doen't seem to work.

Pairing them in bios i guess would force me to reinstall windows (which is installed on the M.2.

Was i wromg to install windows on the M.2 and should I install it on the SSD instead? Or should I "just" pair the disks in the bios and reinstall windows. Confused because I thought that optane wouldnt work with raid.

I also get a message somewhere that I have the wrong chipset?

Thanx in advance for any help/ideas.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You do not have any Optane devices!!

You have an old Intel 240GB M.2 SATA SSD and an Intenso 120GB 2.5" SATA SSD.

So, what is it you are trying to accomplish with these? The only thing you could do is put them into a RAID0 array, but understand that you would have to reinstall everything, including Windows 10, to do so.

Hope this helps,

...S

View solution in original post

3 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Please download and run the Intel System Support Utility for Windows and save the report to a file. Then, using the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach dialog below the edit box, upload and attach this file to a response post.

...S

0 Kudos
LennartII
Beginner

Thank you ! Here it comes. Appreciate your help!

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You do not have any Optane devices!!

You have an old Intel 240GB M.2 SATA SSD and an Intenso 120GB 2.5" SATA SSD.

So, what is it you are trying to accomplish with these? The only thing you could do is put them into a RAID0 array, but understand that you would have to reinstall everything, including Windows 10, to do so.

Hope this helps,

...S