Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here

Intel Optane

xiaoxiao
Beginner

Hi, I need help. Can I uninstall Intel Optane Pinning explorer extensions without affecting Intel Optane? I recently installed it and since then it takes up a lot of RAM like Windows Explorer. Would that help?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

Yes, you can safely uninstall the Intel Optane Pinning explorer extensions

Leon

0 Kudos
xiaoxiao
Beginner

And will the intel optane still work without this?

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Pinning enables customized responsiveness by allowing the selection of specific files, folders, and applications to be accelerated. So, uninstalling this extension will not affect the Optane acceleration of the drive.

Leon

0 Kudos
xiaoxiao
Beginner

Then I would like to ask if I can uninstall the Intel optane memory program. Does it disrupt the operation of the device?

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

@xiaoxiao 

1. You can't simply uninstall the Intel Optane Memory Program. Do you have Optane memory Module in your system? Is HDD drive accelerated with Optane? Please answer.

2. In order to get better information about your system, please download the Intel System Support Utility (SSU). Run the SSU scan and save the results. The .txt file with the results please attach to your post.

Leon

0 Kudos
xiaoxiao
Beginner

HDD is accelerated, I have module. But i didn't have intel optane memory program in applications few days ago and everything was OK. 

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel

Hello xiaoxiao,

Thank you for your reply.

As mentioned by Leon, we need you to provide us with the SSU logs.

Please, take into consideration that you need to have the appropriate software to use the Optane memory in your system. We advise you to visit the What Software Manages Acceleration with Intel® Optane™ Memory? Article (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000024385/memory-and-storage.html) for further information.

We recommend you get in contact with your Motherboard manufacturer to get the latest software and BIOS configuration needed to use Optane in your system.

We will be looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Josh B.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel®

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel

Hello xiaoxiao,

We were reviewing your community thread related to Intel® Optane™ Memory Series, and we would like to know if you were able to review our previous post and if you needed further assistance.

Have a nice day.

Best regards.

Josh B.

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel

Hello xiaoxiao,

We were reviewing your community thread related to your Intel® Optane™ Memory Series, and we have not heard back from you in a while, so we will proceed to close this inquiry now.

If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Best regards,

Josh B.

0 Kudos