Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here

Intel RST 0xA0070031

MrVreksiek
Beginner

Hi. I've tried to disable my Optane to replace it with an SSD when I try to disable it I get the 0xA0070031 error. I have a Acer Swift 3 SF314-54 series.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, MrVreksiek.

Thank you for posting in the Intel Community Support Forums.

I reviewed your case regarding this particular error message while trying to disable Optane Memory acceleration, and I will be helping you with this.

Back when you bought the computer, did it come with Optane Memory preinstalled by the manufacturer?

If this is the case, it may be necessary to disable the Optane acceleration from the system BIOS, so you may try the following:

Step 1: In the system BIOS, locate the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology menu.

Step 2: Select the Intel Optane Memory volume.

Step 3: Choose option to deconcatenate.

Step 4: Make sure to select Preserve Data. It migrates the data on your volume back to the higher capacity drive that was being accelerated

Step 5: Choose option Start deconcatenation.

Please keep in mind that it is always recommended to keep a backup of you information when you are performing any type of system/BIOS settings.

Just as a side note, the error message provided had an additional cero (0xA00070031), so I took the liberty to edit it out from the thread to make it easier for other customers to find if they experience the same error 0xA0070031.

I will follow up on August 5th in case additional time is required and check if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
MrVreksiek
Beginner

My BIOS does not have the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology menu. The only thing I can change is RST to ACHI.

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, MrVreksiek.

If the Optane acceleration cannot be disabled via regular methods, contacting the system manufacturer becomes necessary in order for them to provide you with guidance or other options/alternatives in order for you to disable it, or even confirm if a clean OS installation would be necessary.

I will keep the thread open in case you would like to share the resolution with the community, or in case other community members would like to participate, but it will not longer be monitored by Intel support.

If you require any type of assistance from Intel in the future, please open a new thread or contact us via any of the other support contact methods: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html

Best regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos