Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1343 Discussions

Intel optane memory 32GB Error Code: 0xA0050055

JRuru
Beginner

Hello,

My laptop MSI GL63 8SE have a problem to enable intel optane memory 32GB to accelerated the second HDD drive (Error Code: 0xA0050055)

What should i have to do ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
LeonWaksman
Super User

I agree with Al that manipulating with SATA mode, may cause you to lose your SSD. So, in first place you should prepare a disk backup (image). In the second place as Al advises, you should ask the MSI what to do.

About the SATA mode your laptop is currently set, I think that this is correct mode for Optane Memory (i.e. Intel RST Premium With Intel Optane System Acceleration). The normal SATA mode is AHCI for work without Optane. There are also other posibilities to set RAID or IDE modes for SATA.

Be aware, if you will try to change the SATA mode now, you will lose your system SSD unless, before doing this you should change Windows boot mode to SAFE. If you will boot into Bios while Windows is in SAFE mode, after changing the SATA mode, Windows will not be corrupted. However, you should have full backup of your disk before you are doing this and best ask MSI how to proceed.

Leon

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
14 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Either your bios is not setup correctly, or optane is not supported on your laptop.

Contact MSI support for further assistance.

Doc

0 Kudos
JRuru
Beginner

In my bios setup (SATA Mode Selection) already choose : Intel RST Premium With Intel Optane System Acceleration.

Thanks for the advice

BIOS menu.jpg

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. On the Disk Management image I can see that the Optane Memory Module showing "Not Initialized" state and should be "Online".
  2. Right-click the drive marked "Not Initialized," and select Initialize Disk.
  3. Select GPT (GUID Partition Table) and press OK

Leon

0 Kudos
JRuru
Beginner

The disk status is now online (GPT) but still not working.

Thanks

Disk Management2.jpg

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. Could be that there are some residual data on your Optane memory.
  2. Uninstall your Optane Memory Software and reboot your computer.
  3. Right mouse click on Start and then on open Windows PowerShell (Admin). In this window, execute the following commands (press on enter after each command):
  • diskpart
  • list disk
  • select disk 2 (I'm assuming that your Optane drive is #2 as I can see in the attached image of Disk management. Please verify this in the Command Prompt, otherwise drive with your data will be wiped).
  • clean all
  • exit

Reinstall the Optane Software and enable Optane Memory.

Please save image of Optane Memory Software screen, before enabling Optane.

In case of failure, please attached image before and after trying enablement.

Leon

0 Kudos
JRuru
Beginner

Hai Leon,

I follow your instruction above, clean all disk 2 (intel optane) in windows power shell (admin), but still Error Code: 0xA0050055

Should i update my bios version ?

Jemmy

0 Kudos
Baha
Beginner

You are awesome dude, this is worked also for me. And I sign-up just to thank you. So, THANK YOU.. 

AlHill
Super User

You are still in SATA mode, correct? That will not work.

Doc

0 Kudos
JRuru
Beginner

Hi Doc,

So what should i do ?

I'm confuse

Jemmy

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

You cannot be in SATA mode.

I am reluctant to have you do anything at this point, as it may require you to reinstall the OS, which would also mean backing up your data.

Doc

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

I agree with Al that manipulating with SATA mode, may cause you to lose your SSD. So, in first place you should prepare a disk backup (image). In the second place as Al advises, you should ask the MSI what to do.

About the SATA mode your laptop is currently set, I think that this is correct mode for Optane Memory (i.e. Intel RST Premium With Intel Optane System Acceleration). The normal SATA mode is AHCI for work without Optane. There are also other posibilities to set RAID or IDE modes for SATA.

Be aware, if you will try to change the SATA mode now, you will lose your system SSD unless, before doing this you should change Windows boot mode to SAFE. If you will boot into Bios while Windows is in SAFE mode, after changing the SATA mode, Windows will not be corrupted. However, you should have full backup of your disk before you are doing this and best ask MSI how to proceed.

Leon

0 Kudos
JRuru
Beginner

Dear Leon & AI

After 2 days struggling with this optane, finally is running now.

The problem is in partition on HDD, i should deleted the OEM Partition contain windows OEM Recovery.

Thanks for your help

Jemmy

Device Manager.jpgStatus.jpgDisk Management.jpg

0 Kudos
Adam5k
Beginner
Did you reinstall the OS to remove the recovery partition?
0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User
0 Kudos