Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1343 Discussions

Intel optane states i dont have a capatible disk drive

ACamp14
Beginner

I have installed all the necessary drivers and my computer does identifying the optane memory. The driver gives me a warning say my disk is not compatible with the optane memory. Maybe I missed something when installing it or my computer is not compatible. But from what I understand all you need is 7th or 8th generation 200 series ship set with a motherboard that is compatible.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
BHarr8
Valued Contributor I

Which Optane drive do you have?

What make and model drive are your trying to accelerate?

Is the drive you are trying to accelerate attached to an Intel controlled SATA port?

0 Kudos
ACamp14
Beginner

I have an Intel Optane Memory Module 32 GB PCIe M.2 80mm MEMPEK1W032GAXT

Wd 1tb drive controlled by sataport

Asus prime 250 ma

Intel i5 7400

0 Kudos
BHarr8
Valued Contributor I

*2 Only M.2_2 socket can support Intel Optane Memory.

*3 Intel Optane Technology is only supported when using 7th Generation Intel processors. Before using Intel Optane memory modules, ensure that you have updated your motherboard drivers and BIOS to the latest version from ASUS support website.

It looks like only 1 of the 2 M.2 ports on your motherboard supports Optane, make sure you are using the correct one and make sure that your have the latest BIOS.

All 6 of your SATA ports appear to be Intel so that should not be an issue.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello acamp242,

We were just checking this post and would like to know if you had the chance to test the Intel® Optane™ memory module in a different M.2 slot as suggested by nosirrahx? If so, was the system able to recognize the module?

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos