Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1345 Discussions

Is having two H10 sticks a supported configuration?

TMoff
Beginner

Z390 motherboard, latest drivers all around, can see both sticks (512M and 1T), Windows install goes well.

At some point (have tried several scenarios) changing to secure-boot causes non-boot H10 stick to disappear from Windows - still present in BIOS.

Besides the question of "Is this a supported configuration", it appears if I want to pursue this configuration, Secure Boot is not an option. Secure Boot and caching drives both add increased risk of data loss and I will likely make compromises in the final, long-term configuration (non-secure high perf boot SSD with H10 data drive or two containing easily-restored data).

Feedback? Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, TMoff.

Good day,

This message is to follow up on your ticket regarding the Intel® Optane™ Memory H10.

I previously shared that using two modules is not supported and this could result in unpredictable behavior.

Additionally, you may try to contact the system or motherboard manufacturer for additional information regarding the possibility of using two of these modules on the same motherboard.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, TMoff.

Thank you for contacting the Intel Community Support.

The use of two Intel® Optane™ Memory H10 modules is not actually supported or validated, so the behavior of having two of them at the same time could be unpredictable, you may still have the option to swap the second H10 with a different SSD for storage.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, TMoff.

Good day,

I wanted to follow up on your ticket to check if you need any type fo assistance.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, TMoff.

Good day,

This message is to follow up on your ticket regarding the Intel® Optane™ Memory H10.

I previously shared that using two modules is not supported and this could result in unpredictable behavior.

Additionally, you may try to contact the system or motherboard manufacturer for additional information regarding the possibility of using two of these modules on the same motherboard.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos