Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1343 Discussions

It can be recognized, but the error code is 0xA0040008, but it cannot be activated

HNOH1
Beginner

Hi

Trying to get my Optane Memory to accelerate my secondary HDD. The app successfully identifies my Memory, and the HDD. But errors out when I try to active it up with the following error code: 0xA0040008.

I searched all the support pages, but I didn't know how to solve them so I asked.

Specs:

MB: ASUS PRIME Z390-A

CPU: Coffee Lake-R i5-9600K

HDD : WD 1TB BLUE WD10EZEX

SDD : WD BLACK 3D M.2 2280 (250G)

OPTANE : 16G (form factor : M.2 2280-S3-B-M)

System Configuration:

MB M.2-2 SOCKET - WD BLACK 3D M.2 2280 250G (C drive)

MB M.2-1 SOCKET - OPTANE 16G

MB SATA - WD 1TB BLUE WD10EZEX (D drive)

It is also going to update Bios to the latest version and install drivers as well.

It updated Bios to the latest version and installed drivers.

We've also reset the hard disk (D drive), but the results are the same.

Good advice, please.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
DiegoV_Intel

Hi HNOH1,

Thank you for posting in the Intel® communities.

I understand you are getting the error code 0xA0040008 when trying to accelerate your secondary drive.

This error code has been reported in a couple of threads like this one: https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P0000490Y3ESAU/intel-optane-drive-error-0xa0040008 and this one: https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P0000490XI2SAM/error-0xa0040008-when-trying-to-enable-optane-on-secondary-drive-edit-fixed.

As you can see the issue has been fixed by formatting the drive, however it’s required to perform a low-level format, so I recommend you to try it.

I know that you have tried to reset the drive, but it’s recommended to perform a low-level format instead. Please check the threads above (specially the first one) because they include additional details like suggested tools to perform the low-level format.

I hope you find this information useful.

I will be waiting for your updates.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

View solution in original post

6 Replies
DiegoV_Intel

Hi HNOH1,

Thank you for posting in the Intel® communities.

I understand you are getting the error code 0xA0040008 when trying to accelerate your secondary drive.

This error code has been reported in a couple of threads like this one: https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P0000490Y3ESAU/intel-optane-drive-error-0xa0040008 and this one: https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P0000490XI2SAM/error-0xa0040008-when-trying-to-enable-optane-on-secondary-drive-edit-fixed.

As you can see the issue has been fixed by formatting the drive, however it’s required to perform a low-level format, so I recommend you to try it.

I know that you have tried to reset the drive, but it’s recommended to perform a low-level format instead. Please check the threads above (specially the first one) because they include additional details like suggested tools to perform the low-level format.

I hope you find this information useful.

I will be waiting for your updates.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.

DiegoV_Intel

Hi HNOH1,

I would like to know if you have any updates about this.

Regards,

Diego V.

0 Kudos
HNOH1
Beginner

I can do what you told me.

I've had a lot of trouble with this.

Thank you very much for your interest and attention.

0 Kudos
DiegoV_Intel

Hi HNOH1,

I got confused about your message. Can you follow the suggestion above of formatting the drive (low-level format)?

If you have issues with this part, feel free to ask.

Regards,

Diego V.

0 Kudos
HNOH1
Beginner

Hi DiegoV,

As you said, the error symptoms disappeared with the low level format.

It is now in perfect use.

Thank you for your reply.

0 Kudos
DiegoV_Intel

Hi HNOH1,

That’s great!

I’m glad to know everything is working fine now.

If you ever have another issue or concern about the Intel® Optane™ Memory, please don’t hesitate to open a new thread. We’ll try to help you in any way we can.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.

0 Kudos