Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1344 Discussions

Macht es Sinn, bei entspr. MB und CPU, zusätzlich zu 2 installierten Optane H10 32/512GB SSD Modulen noch z.B. 2 SSD 660p M.2 NVMe (auf Hyper M.2 X16 Card V2) hinzuzufügen? Was wäre die bessere Boot/Raid-Variante. Freunliche Grüße Guffnucke

kwiss
Beginner

MB z.B. Asus Prime X299 Deluxe II, CPU Intel i9-7940X, 64GB DDR4

0 Kudos
1 Solution
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, Kwiss.

Thank you for the response.

If the components are compatible, the system build goes down to personal preference.

For me, it makes sense to use the Intel® Optane™ memory H10 as the boot drive along with the NVMe drives as storage, but on the other hand, if you don't intend to use the H10 as your primary drive, I don't see a reason to make it part of your build.

The same goes for regular Intel Optane Memory modules, if you don't intend to accelerate a SATA storage device, you can avoid including it in your build and work with NVMe drives only.

Since you also mentioned RAID in your initial post, remember to check with the system manufacturer if the Intel SSD 660p along with the controller card is validated for VROC use on their end.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, Kwiss.

Good day.

Thank you for contacting Intel Community Support.

Be aware that support is provided in english only and I will be using a translator to provide you with support.

I understand that you are looking for assistance with a build based on the X299 motherboard, I will be glad to assist you.

Did you confirm with the motherboard manufacturer that the Optane H10 is supported? this product is only supported by manufacturers that implement it in their own OEM systems, so I'm not sure how you are going to set up a custom system using them.

Regarding the 660p drives, the "Hyper M.2" and the RAID configuration, it is also recommended to contact the motherboard manufacturer for supported or configurations.

Please let me know if you are referred back to us for anything specific or if you require anything else.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
kwiss
Beginner

Hi Bruce,

ich habe die Motherboard-features gecheckt bevor ich meine Frage stellte. Die Möglichkeiten, die ich erwähnte, sind gegeben. Mir geht es eben nur darum, ob die von mir beschriebene Konfiguration Sinn macht, oder ob es reicht entweder nur 660p oder nur H10 zu verwenden. Ich weiß, daß die 660p (über ein Hyper M.2 und entspr. freien lanes) eine direkte CPU-Anbindung erfahren.

Sorry for my bad (technical) English.

Best regards

Kwiss

*Personal information removed from post*

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, Kwiss.

I wanted to follow up on your ticket to check if you need additional assistance.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, Kwiss.

Thank you for the response.

If the components are compatible, the system build goes down to personal preference.

For me, it makes sense to use the Intel® Optane™ memory H10 as the boot drive along with the NVMe drives as storage, but on the other hand, if you don't intend to use the H10 as your primary drive, I don't see a reason to make it part of your build.

The same goes for regular Intel Optane Memory modules, if you don't intend to accelerate a SATA storage device, you can avoid including it in your build and work with NVMe drives only.

Since you also mentioned RAID in your initial post, remember to check with the system manufacturer if the Intel SSD 660p along with the controller card is validated for VROC use on their end.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
kwiss
Beginner

Hi Bruce,

thank you for your responce too.

This is exactly what I wanted to know. Now I`m on the sure side.

Have a nice day

kwiss

*Personal information removed from post*

0 Kudos