Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1344 Discussions

My Intel Optane Memory Ready doesn't work and I'm too dumb to figure this out from other posts help

Samm3773
Beginner

I have the intel rst premium with intel optane system acceleration ("Intel Optane Memory Ready), but it doesn't seem to be detected by the RST software, and the Intel Optane Memory software doesn't help this at all; it just shows me that I have no Optane installed even though it's literally a part of my motherboard. My motherboard is Gigabyte Z370 HD3 (rev. 1.0), by the way. I'll send you relevant information of my PC and see if you can see what my issue is. Sorry for the blunt post, I'm definitely going to look back at this and cringe of my sleep deprivation. Also for some reason after I attempted to install the RST software another Local Disk appeared out of nowhere and it only has 500mb of storage and says that is full what even is that supposed to be.

P.S. I'm going to try to reinstall the RST software from the Support downloads from the motherboard's website, but I dunno seems outdated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @Samm3773 

I don't see an Optane Memory module installed in your system. Your motherboard is "Optane Memory Ready" - means it can work with Optane to accelerate your HDD, however, as far I understand you don't have Optane Memory installed. So, you don't need Intel RST Software or Optane Software - uninstall it.

Instead of buying an Optane Memory, I suggest buy and SSD drive (choose one from this list) and instll it in the M.2 slot on your board. Install Windows and programs on this drive and use your HDD for Data storage.

In addition I suggest update your BIOS from Version F7 to F14C

Using Disk Manager you may remove the 500MB partition and on the extend the C: partition accordingly.

Leon

View solution in original post

1 Reply
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @Samm3773 

I don't see an Optane Memory module installed in your system. Your motherboard is "Optane Memory Ready" - means it can work with Optane to accelerate your HDD, however, as far I understand you don't have Optane Memory installed. So, you don't need Intel RST Software or Optane Software - uninstall it.

Instead of buying an Optane Memory, I suggest buy and SSD drive (choose one from this list) and instll it in the M.2 slot on your board. Install Windows and programs on this drive and use your HDD for Data storage.

In addition I suggest update your BIOS from Version F7 to F14C

Using Disk Manager you may remove the 500MB partition and on the extend the C: partition accordingly.

Leon