Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1343 Discussions

'No Compatible Disk' for Intel® Optane™ Memory and Intel RST 'no Optane memory modules were detected' !

RKenb
Novice

Im guess maybe be the problem is OS recognized is INTEL MEMPEK1W016GA and upload full log and img specifications.

Any suggestion to fix the problem ? Im already backup data so reinstall OS is ok.

Im follow lastest installation guilde: https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/memory-and-storage/optane-memory/intel-optane-memory-user-installation.pdf

Please reply soon !

1 Solution
LeonWaksman
Super User

I'm glad. You need only read the specification of your board.

Leon

B360M _Mortar.png

View solution in original post

13 Replies
RKenb
Novice

I marked the issue !

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

For MSI board, please use the MSI guide, rather them Intel's: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rs5IJq2SMtU

https://images-eu.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81C8Kd65AES.pdf

Leon

RKenb
Novice

Thanks for the guilde ! Im already follow all step, lastest driver and bios but 'enable' is greyout in RST application like this !

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. Looks that every thing you did is correct. I can see also the correct status in Disk Management and in Command Prompt.
  2. Since you know the diskpart command and list disk command, I would use select disk 1 (i.e. Optane memory module)command and then clean all. This will wipe any contents, if any, form the Optane Memory.
  3. I believe also that your bios was set with the "Optane Genie", so it should be OK.
  4. If still in the Optane Part of RST driver the "enable" is grayed, uninstall the RST driver and install the Optane Software: http://download.msi.com/dvr_exe/mb/Intel_Optane_Memory_17.2.zip . Use this software (instead the RST) to enable Optane memory.

Leon

RKenb
Novice

07_14_19_002.pngI dont know what device should i uninstall driver like you said because all driver are lastest '17.2' !

'Standard SATA AHCI Controller' current is hidden.

The zip file is just the lastest ver of 'SetupOptaneMemory'.

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. I Have checked again the attached images. I can see that you have already the latest version of Optane Memory Software installed (and not as I thaught by mistake - RST driver). So, you don't need to uninstall this software.
  2. You should only ensure that the Bios is set using Optane Genie and the Optane Memory Module is cleared with clear all command.
  3. If the above will not help, I have no other ideas except to replace the Optane Memory Module (which could be failed).

Leon

RKenb
Novice

Thanks for your help ! I appreciate.

I think the problem is i reinstall Windows 10 when Intel Optane is installed, maybe i should take off Optane, reinstall OS them install Optane again !

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. Reinstalling Windows before installing Optane Memory will not make any difference.
  2. Are you aware that the Optane Memory is supported only on M2_2 slot. If you have installed your Optane Memory in M2_1 slot, move is to M2_2 slot. The M2_2 slot is the slot located close to the board edge.
  3. You didn't confirmed that you erased contents of Optane Memory with clean all command.

Leon

RKenb
Novice

1.jpgokay, i just reinstall Windows still same problem !

It seem both port support Intel Optane.

Yes i cleaned optane using diskpart also try KillDisk to full clean !

0 Kudos
RKenb
Novice

oh i see, my HDD is install on SATA2 port, but if it unavailable why still boot to Windows ?

maybe i will try change to M2_2 slot

0 Kudos
RKenb
Novice

Thanks for your help Leon ! I very appreciate

i change to M2_2 port it seem work now !

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

I'm glad. You need only read the specification of your board.

Leon

B360M _Mortar.png

RKenb
Novice
0 Kudos