Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1343 Discussions

No Compatible Disks for Intel Optane Memory

sayedhumaid
Beginner

Recently purchased a Lenovo Ideapad 330s - 15lKB D model. It supported Optane Memory, and so i purchased the 16 GB Optane Memory stick. After proper installation of the software, it's saying no compatible disks. I have attached the System Information. Please tell me what's wrong.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
DiegoV_Intel

Hi sayedhumaid,

Thank you for posting in the Intel® communities.

I understand that you are having issues setting up the Intel® Optane™ Memory in your laptop.

Even though your laptop is compatible with the module, the manufacturer, in this case Lenovo* should help you with the configuration because it highly depends on the BIOS version and the OS settings.

Configuring laptop systems is not the same as Desktop computers. Laptops usually include special features at BIOS and OS level that we are not aware of, so we always recommend to contact the laptop manufacturer to setup the module correctly.

I checked the report attached, and everything looks fine, however there might be some misconfiguration at BIOS level that we are not aware of and it’s preventing you from seeing the module in the OS. The module should be listed in the report too, but only the HDD is shown. This means that the OS is not seeing the module at all, probably because there is something missing at BIOS level.

Having said this, please contact Lenovo* to get better assistance with the configuration. You may also want to post your concern in the Lenovo* forums where you may get assistance from other users with your same laptop model: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-1xx-3xx-5xx-7xx/bd-p/ll01_en

I hope you find this information useful.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DiegoV_Intel

Hi sayedhumaid,

Thank you for posting in the Intel® communities.

I understand that you are having issues setting up the Intel® Optane™ Memory in your laptop.

Even though your laptop is compatible with the module, the manufacturer, in this case Lenovo* should help you with the configuration because it highly depends on the BIOS version and the OS settings.

Configuring laptop systems is not the same as Desktop computers. Laptops usually include special features at BIOS and OS level that we are not aware of, so we always recommend to contact the laptop manufacturer to setup the module correctly.

I checked the report attached, and everything looks fine, however there might be some misconfiguration at BIOS level that we are not aware of and it’s preventing you from seeing the module in the OS. The module should be listed in the report too, but only the HDD is shown. This means that the OS is not seeing the module at all, probably because there is something missing at BIOS level.

Having said this, please contact Lenovo* to get better assistance with the configuration. You may also want to post your concern in the Lenovo* forums where you may get assistance from other users with your same laptop model: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-1xx-3xx-5xx-7xx/bd-p/ll01_en

I hope you find this information useful.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.

0 Kudos
DiegoV_Intel

Hi sayedhumaid,

Just wondering if there is anything else I can help you with.

Regards,

Diego V.

0 Kudos
sayedhumaid
Beginner

Hi Diego,

If you could tell me, how to make the Laptop recognize my M.2 slot on my system and bios, it would be really helpful because that is the 1st step I believe to rectifying this issue.

0 Kudos
DiegoV_Intel

Hi sayedhumaid,

Indeed the first step is to make sure the module is recognized by the system, however since you are using a laptop, I cannot tell you where you should look for in BIOS or which settings you should configure because I’m not familiar with Lenovo* BIOS. That’s the reason why I recommended you to contact Lenovo* directly or to post the question in the Lenovo* forum.

Laptop configurations go beyond of our support scope, so we always recommend to contact the manufacturer directly for better assistance.

The Lenovo* community is more appropriate as they know which settings you should configure and how the module should be set up in this laptop.

As mentioned above, even though your laptop is compatible with the module, the manufacturer, in this case Lenovo* should help you with the configuration because it highly depends on the BIOS version and the OS settings. It may also probably that a BIOS update should be applied before trying to set up the module, but this is something that only the laptop manufacturer can confirm and help you with.

I hope this information clarifies the concern.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.

0 Kudos