Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1344 Discussions

No Compatible Disks for Intel Optane Memory

RWei01
Beginner

I got a 16GB optane drive and I installed it into the second m.2 slot on my motherboard (the bottom one). I would like to accelerate a secondary system drive. This question has been asked many times before so heres the rundown on my system:

i5 8600k

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI

2 TB 5400 RPM WD Harddrive (Secondary SATA drive) This is the drive I'm trying to accelerate

512 GB M.2 Gen3 x4 PCIe (Primary SSD)

128 GB SATA SSD (other drive)

I've tried everything but I'm still stuck. All drives are GPT, BIOS is configured properly and fully updated to latest version.

Specifically, I can confirm that:

"CSM support" is disabled

"Use RST Legacy OROM" is disabled

"PCIe Storage Dev on Port 9" is RST controlled

"PCIe Storage Dev on Port 21" is RST controlled (not sure if its 20 or 21 and I'm also not sure if both are supposed to be enabled)

I've attached all my screenshots and what not below. Thank you.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JosafathB_Intel

Hello RWei01,

Thank you for contacting Intel® Memory & Storage Support.

As we understand, you need assistance regarding Intel® Optane™ acceleration, if we infer correctly, please review the information below:

·Please, visit your motherboard manufacturer website to check the proper BIOS configuration before trying any other troubleshooting, In the page 42 section 3-2 of your motherboard manual you can find the guide on how to set up your BIOS settings, find the link to the manual below:

http://download.gigabyte.eu/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_z370xp-sli_e.pdf

·Based on the information you provided in the SSU logs you want to accelerate the “WDC WD20EZRZ-00Z5HB0” 2TB drive this drive has several partitions and that is one of the possible reasons why your system does not let you select this drive.

·Please, take into consideration that the “Unallocated space” needs to be set up at the end of your bootable drive and not in the middle.

·We advise you to create a backup of all your information before processing any change on your SATA drive.

We hope you find this information helpful.

Have a nice day.

Best regards,

Josh B.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel

Hello RWei01,

Thank you for having contacted Intel® Memory & Storage Support. 

This is just a friendly reminder that your case remains open.

Should you need our technical assistance please do not hesitate to contact us back. 

Best regards,

Josh B.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos