Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here

No Optane Memory Modules Detected in Computer.

AdamBBJ
Novice

I have just bought an H10 Intel Optane Memory with 32GB of Optane and 512GB of SSD. The 512GB of solid-state storage is showing up in windows 10 but when I open the Intel Rapid Storage application it says, "Your system appears to be Intel Optane memory ready but no Intel Optane memory modules were detected in your computer." I have an Asus Prime B360M-A motherboard and an Intel Core i5-9600KF CPU. Any help would be appreciated!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AdamBBJ
Novice

Apparently, the motherboard has 2 M.2 slots and only 1 supports Intel Optane Memory and I put it in the wrong one.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

So, before making this purchase, did you verify that your motherboard actually has support for an Optane SSD? The Optane SSD is an OEM product, not intended for end-user sales, and thus is typically only supported in the BIOS of motherboards intended to have an Optane SSD included with them. The datasheet for the Asus Prime B360M-A motherboard (only) says that it is Optane Ready; that doesn't mean that the BIOS will have the special PCIe steering changes required for the Optane SSDs, however.

...S

0 Kudos
AdamBBJ
Novice
Is this specific to this certain model of optane memory or does it include all intel optane memory M.2s. Also, the part that isn’t working is the optane memory, the ssd is working fine so if the motherboard is optane ready, shouldn’t it be able to use the optane. It would make more sense of the optane was working and the ssd wasn’t under what you said. And isn’t everything from intel an OEM.
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Being (just) Optane Ready means that the board has support for using the Optane M10 modules. Additional support is required in the BIOS to support the Optane H10 SSDs, however.

Yes, you will be able to use the SSD portion of the Optane H10 SSD as a standalone device. You will not be able to use the Optane portion to accelerate the performance of the SSD portion if the motherboard BIOS does not have the special support for Optane H10 SSDs, however. As far as I am concerned, the SSD portion of the Optane H10 SSDs has relatively poor performance when used standalone; certainly not to the level that I would expect for the price that you paid.

...S

0 Kudos
AdamBBJ
Novice

I have researched some more and according to this website, the Prime B360M-A works with h10 but needs the bios 2401 at least, and my bios is 2603 which means in theory, it should work.

0 Kudos
AdamBBJ
Novice

Apparently, the motherboard has 2 M.2 slots and only 1 supports Intel Optane Memory and I put it in the wrong one.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Ok, good to know. Glad you got it going.

....S

0 Kudos