Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1343 Discussions

No compatible disks for intel optane memory

NBenn2
Beginner

I feel like ive tried everything but I can't seem to get my 16gb optane memory module to accept either one of my 1tb mx500 ssd or 2tb hard drive. Everything seems normal in BIOS and everything is configured to enable it but I still can't. I've tried different SATA ports and still nothing. If it means anything special the optane memory shows up as disk 2 in dsk mngr but i havent initialized it (i have my hdd temporarily disconnected aswell). Also the module appears as a NVMe in device manager.

Help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
JosafathB_Intel
Hello NBenn2, Thank you for contacting Intel® Technical Support. As we understand, you need assistance with your Intel® Optane™ Memory. If we infer correctly we will appreciate if you can provide us with the following information: • The SSU logs. 1- Go to https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26735/ and download the software. 2- When finished downloading it, open it. 3- Attach the file obtained to your reply. • A screenshot of the “Disk Management” of windows showing all your HDDs and partitions (this to have a better view on how your SSD is detected by the OS) We will be looking forward to your reply including this information. Best regards, Josh B. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
NBenn2
Beginner
Hi Josh thanks for the reply. Here is the SSU file and the screenshot.
0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
Hello NBenn2, Thank you for your reply. We do not see any attachments on your previous post. We will be looking forward to your reply including this information. Best regards, Josh B. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
NBenn2
Beginner

Apologies I was responding on gmail and I guess it didnt work properly.

0 Kudos
NBenn2
Beginner
posted a file.
0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
Hello NBenn2, Thank you for your reply. I was reviewing the screenshot and the SSU log you shared with us and I noticed that the Optane memory is not being detected properly by your system. As part of the troubleshooting, please re-install the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST). If this does not solve your issue we advise you to check with your OEM Asus* in your case, this in order to check the BIOS settings configuration and the recommended hardware set up. Please let us know the results of this troubleshooting. Best regards, Josh B. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
Hello NBenn2, Thank you for having contacted Intel® Technical Support. I was reviewing your community post and we would like to know if you need further assistance or if we can close this case. We will be looking forward to your reply. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
Hello NBenn2, Thank you for contacting Intel® Memory & Storage Support. This is just a friendly reminder that your case remains open. Should you need our technical assistance please do not hesitate to contact us back. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos