Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1344 Discussions

Nuc8i3cysm - unable to install optane accelerator software

jhear
Beginner

My optane chip is installed in the m.2 slot and is recognized by the windows device manager as some sort of hard disk. When I run the optane setup it says i must have a intel chipset 200 or higher and then errors out.

I checked the log report and there are two errors. One error is the cpu ID is not recognized and the PCH is not recognized. The windows device manager recognizes my cpu as an 8th generation processor.

My IDE SATA/ATAPI Controller under Device Manager is the "Standard SATA AHCI Controller". Should this be an Intel driver vs Microsoft? If so, none of the Intel chipset driver installation programs work - I've tried them all.

I've also had intel folks remotely use my computer to figure out what's wrong - hitting the same brick walls.

Any guidance would be great. I'm about to return the optane memory and just buy a Samsung SSD.​

(Intel Customer Support - Case #: 03928853)

0 Kudos
9 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hello jhear,

1. I affray that you have to wait, till you will be able to enable your Optane memory on your NUC. To enable this future you have to install an Intel driver for Optane memory. However this driver is missing for a while from the Intel Download Site: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/126145/Intel-NUC-8-Home-a-Mini-PC-with-Windows-10-NUC8i3CYSM . This is because it was temporary removed for a maintenance: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28058/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-RAID-for-Intel-NUC-Kit-NUC8i3CYSM-NUC8i3CYSN
  2. Any way, once the driver will be available again for download, install it and use the following guide to enable Optane memory on your NUC: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000024061/mini-pcs/intel-nuc-kits.html

Hope this helps

Leon

0 Kudos
jhear
Beginner

Thank you, that makes sense, but is frustrating. I wonder if anyone on here has insight on when the drivers will be released for the nuc8i3cysm.

0 Kudos
jhear
Beginner

Update: I was able to find the drivers on a 3rd party website. It installed with no issues. Thank you - your response pointed me in the right direction!​

0 Kudos
GUzca
Beginner

Hi jhear hope you are good. I have the exact same problem as you! Any chance you could send me the link of the drivers on that 3rd party website please and thank you very much!

0 Kudos
jhear
Beginner

Yes, it is through softpedia.

Intel NUC8i3CYSM Mini PC RST Driver 16.5.0.1027 for Windows 10 64-bit

https://drivers.softpedia.com/dyn-postdownload.php/eb5c5a1b868916939f98f38a1cef3bd8/5c101d3d/9eff4/4/1

The zipfile will have a few folders. You can go straight to optane folder and run the setup program. The setup takes about 15 min with install, resets, formatting/ enabling. But well worth it. My windows 10 loading time decreased by 62 seconds.

0 Kudos
BHarr8
Valued Contributor I

Literally had the same problem and literally solved it the same way.

Is there an Intel rep on hand that has insight into what is wrong with these drivers? If its a corner case I will likely just leave the one I found online but if its a legit issue, I would like to know and update when the time comes.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

I HIGHLY recommend that you do not use any drivers that do not come directly from Intel. You never know what baggage a driver from another site will carry.

Doc

0 Kudos
BHarr8
Valued Contributor I

663B41ED1840DB6F49C544CB1ECD0CB6

Its pretty easy to verify.

0 Kudos
BHarr8
Valued Contributor I

The new driver is out, I was able to install it on 6 systems without issue.

0 Kudos