Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1344 Discussions

Optane Future Support of Accelerated RAID 1

RMoff1
Beginner

Is Intel working on or considering working on a way to enable Optane acceleration of a RAID 1? The protection of a RAID 1 very important to me and has saved me from the loss of many hours of development work on two occasions. I would not give it up even for a huge performance increase. It sure would be nice to have both.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello, QStuff. I will be more than glad to assist you.

As you know, Intel® Optane™ is a technology which allows the acceleration of a SATA devices only, not for RAID Arrays.

Intel does not reveal information about unreleased products, therefore, this is information we do not handle. You can always double check our releases and news in https://newsroom.intel.com/ newroom.intel.com.

Antony S.
0 Kudos
RMoff1
Beginner

Well I hope you at least pass this on as a requested feature.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, QStuff.

Your feedback is very important to us. I have already informed the group in charge about this.

We really appreciate you took the time to share your ideas with us.

Antony S.
0 Kudos
HTeng1
Beginner

I wouldn't use the optane module on any important storage drives, if it's a storage drive you are likely using it as a repository anyway. Don't even bother, disabling / removing the module is a pain if in the future you want to migrate to another system/motherboard.

0 Kudos