Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1344 Discussions

Optane Not Detected in BIOS, Diskpart, Device Manager, anywhere

PZepe
Beginner

Hello friends,

i know that this problem have been widely answered in others threads, but I ask again because none of the other answers helped me.

I've an ASUS N580gd with intel i7 8750H, and I installed an optane memory 16GB. Before i did it, i upgraded the BIOS to the latest version.

The problem is that the optane memory its not detected anywhere (BIOS, diskpart, device manager, intel rapid storage, nowhere) 

I have try to Re-Pluggin Optane, Changing Sata Mode to Intel RST Optane, Disk Management, but still not detected..

Even when I try diskpart to clean this memory, its not Show !!

Is there any ways to run Deconcatenate this Optane without Bios / by Programs ??

Thing that i've not tried is to reinstall the OS, because i don't want to lost the windows license.

I thank you in advance for all your help.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Pezepo,

Thanks for posting your question in the Intel® Optane™ Memory community.

Have you tried connecting the Optane memory in a different system?

Regularly if the Optane memory is not detected at the BIOS or OS level means the Optane could be damaged, have you used this Optane memory in the past?

The deconcateneation can only be done by BIOS or the Optane software.

What interface are you using to connect the Optane memory?

I will be waiting for your feedback to continue to troubleshoot the issue.

Best Regards,

Juan N.
0 Kudos
PZepe
Beginner

Hello Juan, thanks for your quick answer.

Have you tried connecting the Optane memory in a different system?

No, I only have my computer to test the Optane memory.

Regularly if the Optane memory is not detected at the BIOS or OS level means the Optane could be damaged, have you used this Optane memory in the past?

The memory it's brand new, just arrived today.

What interface are you using to connect the Optane memory?

If I understand your question, i'm using the m.2 port of my computer, and neither the BIOS nor the OS recognized it.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Pezepo,

Everything seems to be fine. It looks like a DOA (dead on arrival) memory. Please contact your distributor so they can assist you with a replacement.

Best Regards,

Juan N.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

I have checked with the warranty team and they are now handling the replacement process.

If you have any additional question do not hesitate to contact us.

Best Regards,

Juan N.
0 Kudos