Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1344 Discussions

Optane is not Detected in BIOS, Diskpart or Device Manager.

ovingiv
Novice

I'm having an issue when I had disabled Optane to update Windows 10 to the latest update 1809 and when that had finished I went to re-enable optane acceleration from the Intel RST and optane was no longer there. I checked Diskpart and Device Manager and it was not showing up.

I went into the bios to see if it was there and if I could secure erase the drive and the only SSD was my C drive. No 32gb optane drive.

Is there anyway for me to be able to use this optane drive or should I see if the warranty is still good?

Image below is of Diskpart, Create and Format and Intel RST. And note that drive Z: is for my memory card reader.

2018-12-12.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ovingiv
Novice

I had been working on this issue for little over 10 hours trying different things from changing the motherboard, re flashing the motherboard to it's current revision, resetting the bios to default configuration, making sure CSM is disabled.

I also made a support ticket and "Taking to consideration that almost all troubleshooting steps have been performed to determine the unit is defective, we will proceed with the warranty process." so it's going to be exchanged under warranty.

Thank you for replying through Diego V.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DiegoV_Intel
Hi ovingiv, Thank you for posting in the Intel® communities. If the module is indeed not recognized by BIOS, then there is no much we can do. When an issue happens after disabling the module from the application, the way to recover the module is to reset it from BIOS. The option to do this may vary from system to system, but it’s usually located under the Peripherals tab or under the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology option. If the module doesn’t appear there, then my recommendation would be to check for warranty with your place of purchase. Have a nice day. Regards, Diego V. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
ovingiv
Novice

I had been working on this issue for little over 10 hours trying different things from changing the motherboard, re flashing the motherboard to it's current revision, resetting the bios to default configuration, making sure CSM is disabled.

I also made a support ticket and "Taking to consideration that almost all troubleshooting steps have been performed to determine the unit is defective, we will proceed with the warranty process." so it's going to be exchanged under warranty.

Thank you for replying through Diego V.

0 Kudos
DiegoV_Intel

No problem ovingiv.

If you tried using a different motherboard but the module is still not visible, then it’s most likely that the module is damaged.

Anyhow, it’s great that the warranty process is in place.

If you ever have another issue with the Intel® Optane™ Memory, feel free to open a new thread. We’ll try to help you in any way we can.

Regards,

Diego V.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos