Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here

Optane issue!

KG90
Beginner

Hello, I have installed a Intel Optane H10 16GB in hopes to speed up a 12TB Mechanical secondary drive.

Im running a I9 9900k with a Asus Maximus Formula XI Z390 motherboard. I have a boot drive Samsung 970 evo m.2 and the Intel Optane H10 in the other m.2 slot. I have a 12 TB WD mechanical drive plugged into Sata.

I have the settings in the bios set correctly and enabled. Using the software "Intel Optane memory and storage management" and under the optane tab the only options I had was the 16GB under the first section (select fast intel optane memory drive) and then only compatible drive was the intel optane H10 SSD which was 256GB. My WD Sata 12TB drive does not show at all. I tested and I can accelerate the optane ssd side but that is not what I want. I have since removed the optane setup I tested.

With hours of looking on the internet and trying many things I have had no luck, now when I updated my Chipset and rebooted, Intel optane software is now only showing the following "There is no valid disk pairs in your system"
EDIT: I have reinstalled the latest version of driver and software again and its now showing both H10 sections only like before and no other drives to enable

How can I accelerate my WD 12TB mechanical drive.. this is driving me nuts.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User

The Optane Memory portion of the Intel Optane H10 SSD can only be used to accelerate the SSD portion of this same card. It cannot be used to accelerate a separate (SATA) HDD. If you want to accelerate a separate (SATA) HDD, then you need an Intel Optane Memory M10 card. Since only one Optane Memory device can be used in a system, you will have to remove the Intel Optane H10 SSD if you want to use a Intel Optane Memory M10 card to accelerate your HDD.

Sorry,

...S

View solution in original post

1 Reply
n_scott_pearson
Super User

The Optane Memory portion of the Intel Optane H10 SSD can only be used to accelerate the SSD portion of this same card. It cannot be used to accelerate a separate (SATA) HDD. If you want to accelerate a separate (SATA) HDD, then you need an Intel Optane Memory M10 card. Since only one Optane Memory device can be used in a system, you will have to remove the Intel Optane H10 SSD if you want to use a Intel Optane Memory M10 card to accelerate your HDD.

Sorry,

...S