I have a Dell Inspiron 3760, it was purchased with Optane configured and installed. The windows update 2004 killed the optane drivers, I have installed, uninstalled re-installed everything here on the Intel site and I still can not get it to work.
Intel Optane memory and storage management says - There are no valid disk pairs in your system
Intel driver and support system shows all device drivers are up to date.
Intel Rapid Storage Technology app shows Optane memory as disabled, but it will not let me enable it.
I have tried to follow the instructions here - https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000056299/memory-and-storage.html
with no luck
Have you left free space at the end of the drive for Optane information storage? With 2004's change to put the recovery partition at the end of the drive on new installs, you have to shrink this partition by (say) 10MB before Optane will enable. This should only affect new installs (not upgrades), but you should still verify that the space is free.
Hope this helps,
1. In order to get better information about your system, please download the Intel System Support Utility (SSU). Run the SSU scan and save the results. The .txt file with the results please attach to your post.
2. Can you still go to the previous Windows version? Open Windows Settings: Update & Security > Go back to previous version of Windows 10.
1. I don't think that Windows update killed your Optane Memory. I don't see any Optane Memory installed in your computer. I see only Toshiba NVMe SSD and WD 3TB HDD.
2. If you have Optane Memory module in your computer it is not recognized in BIOS. So, first check if you can see it in BIOS.
3. Did you updated BIOS while Optane was enabled?
I don't know how looks BIOS in your desktop. Usually the installed drives you may see in Advance > Devices section. You should ask for this information in DELL support. However, after looking at Service Manual for your computer I can see (page 11), that you have only one M.2 PCIe slot on this board. Since you have installed KBG30ZMS128G NVMe TOSHIBA 128GB drive, you have no possibility to have Optane memory module installed. Optane requires M.2 PCIe slot also and you have only one which is already taken. So, probably you are wrong saying that Optane was disabled after Windows update.