Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1344 Discussions

Optane memory random NVME disk error?

GLeBa
Beginner

Hello, I recently built a new system and I'm having trouble setting up my Optane memory module. My specs are as follows:

Windows 10

Motherboard: Z370 Extreme4

Processor: Intel Core i7-8700k

RAM: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3200 (2x8gb)

GPU: EVGA 1070 Ti SC Hybrid

SSHD: Seagate FireCuda 3.5" 2TB

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i v2 CPU Cooler

Case: Corsair Crystal 570x + 3x extra SP120 RGB fans

PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750w PSU

WiFi Card: Rosewill RNX-AC1900 PCIe Wifi adapter

Intel Optane Memory 16gb

I have been trying to run the installer for the optane memory module (SetupOptaneMemory.exe), but it just keeps giving me an error message:

Unsupported System Drive; Intel Optane Memory does not support system installed on NVME disk.

However this doesn't make any sense, as my OS is installed on a hard drive (or Solid State Hybrid Drive to be exact) which uses a SATA connection, not NVME. So I'm not sure why this won't work... anyone have any ideas? I have attached a screenshot of the error message as well as the two logs which were labelled with "optane". Thank you in advance for any help you can provide!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
GLeBa
Beginner

Update:

I was trying to check whether or not the Optane Memory was active. So I opened up the Device Manager and expanded the Disk Drives section, and noticed that the memory module and my SSHD are listed as two separate drives, not in one row as they should be. Not sure exactly what this means or how to go about fixing it.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi OnionOfShame,

Thank you for contacting our support community.

We understand your situation regarding the Intel® Optane™ Memory.

In order to better understand your situation, could you please provide the following information:

*Please provide screenshots of disk management.

*Please download and run the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility Intel® System Support Utility. Run the scan selecting "Everything." Save this report and upload.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Regards,

Junior M.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi OnionOfShame,

We would like to know if you read our previous post. If you have any other questions, we'll be waiting for your response.

Regards,

Junior M.

0 Kudos