Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1344 Discussions

Optane module shouwn as "generic memory" can't select any device to accelerate

DAgua
Beginner

And every time I try to submit a ticket, altough I have already an account, I need to make my account and actívate and I'm already siged in... Anyway I've been trying to install my 16Gb module for to days. I have an bios updated Gigabyte Z370N wifi with a Intel I7 8700 processor. I'm traying to instal the module oj a WD caviar black 1T HDD and I have RST aceleration mode on bios and every sh** I manage to find on the internet about the configuration. I have also did one of those checks of system suport utility, it is attched.

Hope I can get intel's help trhug here because It seem I can't get it trought support

0 Kudos
1 Solution
DAgua
Beginner

Well, I have fixed It my self. The procedure is as follows:

·First uninstall Intel optane memory program

·Then install Intel rapid storage memory

·This program should find your module is somehow fucked up and it should tell you to delete metadata

·Then your module is instantly detected and a new tab is oppened under the name "Intel's optane memory "

·You can actívate module optane then

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DAgua
Beginner

Well, I have fixed It my self. The procedure is as follows:

·First uninstall Intel optane memory program

·Then install Intel rapid storage memory

·This program should find your module is somehow fucked up and it should tell you to delete metadata

·Then your module is instantly detected and a new tab is oppened under the name "Intel's optane memory "

·You can actívate module optane then
0 Kudos