Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1344 Discussions

Optane no longer showing up in Windows or Bios

Zerxont
Beginner

A few days ago my computer crashed and then wouldn't boot (it wouldn't detect a bootable drive).  I tested the drive but it said that the drive and the Optane memory were working fine.  I didn't know what to do so I took the hard drive out and left everything off for awhile and after a couple of hours I reinserted the drive and the computer booted normally for some reason but with the Optane Memory disabled.  I couldn't re-enable the Optane for some reason through the software so I thought that updating the software and drivers might help since I was apparently using an older version of both.  After I updated the drivers and software I found out that neither the software, Windows, or the Bios detect the Optane any longer.  So any help would be appreciated since all this Optane stuff is highly confusing to me.  Also do you have to reinstall Windows or can the Optane memory be set up with an existing install?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AlHill
Super User

So the Intel support engineers can have more information about your system, Download, run, and save the results of this utility as a text file:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Then ATTACH the text file using the instructions under the reply window ( Drag and drop here or browse files to attach ).

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

0 Kudos