Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1345 Discussions

Problem between Optane memory and Microsoft Store Apps

LChou6
Beginner

Now I am running Windows 10 pro 64 bit 1803, just install a Optane 32gb and set to accelerate my WD Gold HDD

The installation and setup are smoothy, except all games from Microsoft Store installed on my HDD, like Forza 7 and Gears of War 4, now are unable to be detected and require to reinstall.

It is not that big deal but still kind of annoying. So I'd like to know if there is anyone who has similar problem or it is my own issue?

Thanks for that and feel free to ask me for more information.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello i7KillPll,

Thanks for posting in our communities.

So far, we haven't received other reports of games or applications not being detected after enabling Intel® Optane™ memory system acceleration.

If you temporarily disable Intel Optane system acceleration, do you receive the same error?

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos
LChou6
Beginner

Yes the problem doesn't happen after disabing the optane memory.

By the way sometimes enabling optane memory also cause random crash of other games that never came before. I believe that maybe something wrong on the working mechsnism, as the the memory only has 32gb while 3A games usually have over 60gb.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello i7KillPll,

Thanks for your reply. Neither applications not finding the right path nor the crashes are expected behavior related to Intel Optane memory. The memory works with your most used files until it is, regardless of how big a file or application is.

Please make sure your Intel Optane memory firmware is up to date (310 as of today). You can do that using https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27656?v=t Intel® SSD Toolbox or https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26491?v=t Intel® SSD Firmware Update Tool, please let us know the results.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos
LChou6
Beginner

Thanks for your reply Eugenio, I will look into more to see how it works.

0 Kudos