Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1344 Discussions

There are no valid disk pairs in your system

Thenuka_Sandun

when i was using the computer, notification message came may times that indicate the error of intel optane memory. in intel optane memory and storage management application is showing that "there are no valid disk pair in your system". what that mean? is there anything issues with disk or hardware?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @Thenuka_Sandun 

You don't have an Intel Optane Memory Module installed in your laptop. Your storage consists an 250GB NVMe SSD and 1TB HDD. So, in order to get rid of the annoying warning just uninstall the Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management application (is not needed on your system). You will find it in Apps and Features (Windows Settings).

Leon

View solution in original post

8 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

In order to get better information about your system, please download the Intel System Support Utility (SSU). Run the SSU scan (check "Everything") and save the results. The .txt file with the results please attach to your post.

Leon

Thenuka_Sandun

Hello, 

I really appreciate your help and I attached the text file that with results from SSU app.

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @Thenuka_Sandun 

You don't have an Intel Optane Memory Module installed in your laptop. Your storage consists an 250GB NVMe SSD and 1TB HDD. So, in order to get rid of the annoying warning just uninstall the Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management application (is not needed on your system). You will find it in Apps and Features (Windows Settings).

Leon

Thenuka_Sandun

Thankyou for your kind solution. if I'll uninstall the intel optane Memory and storage management application, will it affect to the performance of the computer. Also i want to know some general knowledge about the laptop. How can i check the Intel Optane Memory Module  facility available for my laptop type. Because I have little doubt about vender. if this problem relate with the vendor, i will be able to check with them. looking forward to your kind reply. 

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

A pair would include an Optane module and a HDD/SSD. Your report shows that you do not have an Optane module in your system. In general, if you are not using RAID and you are not using Optane, you have little need for the complication of and should probably uninstall Intel RST.

Hope this helps,

...S

Thenuka_Sandun

Thankyou for your kind attention. 

is including the optane module affect to the machine performance. Because i have both HDD ans SSD memory.  Also i want to know, what is the best solution to overcome that issue. 

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Uninstalling  the Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management will not affect your laptop performance. Since you don't have an Optane Memory you don't need this application. If you have a free M.2 slot, theoretically you can install Optane Memory Module to accelerate your secondary drive (the 1TB HDD). However, my advice is not to bother with Optane Memory. The configuration you have now: NVMe SSD for Windows and Programs and large HDD for Data storage is better than the one with Optane Memory. So, just uninstall the Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management and enjoy your laptop.

Leon

Thenuka_Sandun

okay. I got it. thankyou very much for your guidance.

0 Kudos