Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here

Unsupported System Drive

PHobb1
Beginner

Now I think its not working because I have a Samsung 960 Evo 250gb NVME but that is not what I want to speed up its my game drive I want to speed up as it is a 2tb Seagate Firecuda 2.5 HDD.

Does anyone know how to set it up for a different drive I know you can because LinusTechTips did this with a 12tb barracuda as a game drive.

Funny thing though he didn't show how to set it up lol!

Help please thanks.

Note my game drive is formatted GPT, Basic.

motherboard: ROG Strix z370 gaming-g

CPU: i7 8700k (stock)

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DiegoV_Intel

Hi PHobb1,

Thank you for posting in the Intel® communities.

Could you please download the Intel® System Support Utility (SSU) from the following site and run the full report to collect your system details? Please export the output to a text file and upload it in your response: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

Additionally, please also follow these steps to take a screenshot from your system:

1. Open the command prompt as Administrator.
  2. Run the command diskpart.
  3. Run the command list disk. Please take a screenshot of this output.

Finally, please also open Disk Management and take another screenshot of that window. You can open Disk Management by pressing the Windows* key + x and then select the Disk Management option from the menu that will appear.

This information will help us to know if there is something missing in your system in order to setup the Intel® Optane™ Memory.

I will be waiting for you response.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
DiegoV_Intel
Hi PHobb1, I would like to know if you have any updates about this. Regards, Diego V. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
DiegoV_Intel

Hi PHobb1,

If you have any updates, feel free to share them here.

Regards,

Diego V.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos