Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1343 Discussions

Will Optane do anything for me?

JCarm5
Beginner

I finally figured out how to make my NVMe RST Raid 0 bootable. So, here I am looking at the Intel RST screen, and the button for Optane Memory is tugging at me saying I should really get an Optane.

I am already at ludicrous speed will this make it plaid?

I have z270 chipset, 1 x16 slot used, 1 empty x8, 1 empty x4, and 3 empty x1 slots on the MB. I have 2 sata drives installed, and 2 available, but now that I finally figured out how to make the Raid 0 bootable, I have no use for the 2 sata ssds.

2019-03-20 (8).png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
KTxStudio
Novice

Optane won't really help you at all if you pair it with a SSD. They are more effective when pairing them together with a mechanical hard drive. You can learn more on Linus Tech Tip Channel if you do a quick search on his channel with key word "Optane". They have already done testing and number does shows great result for those with mechanical hard drive wanting to gain SSD-like performance.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JCarm5
Beginner

PS -

2019-03-20 (5).png

0 Kudos
KTxStudio
Novice

Optane won't really help you at all if you pair it with a SSD. They are more effective when pairing them together with a mechanical hard drive. You can learn more on Linus Tech Tip Channel if you do a quick search on his channel with key word "Optane". They have already done testing and number does shows great result for those with mechanical hard drive wanting to gain SSD-like performance.